Monday, September 29, 2008

Highlights of the week!

With everything going on in the world right now, this past week I have been thinking about a lot of things.....Mostly things I am so grateful for:
Monday: I was so happy it was a "Maddie" day. (As the kids call it) She is such a sweet little thing! The family (and myself) have really enjoyed being able to watch her. Eventhough it reminds me of what life with a baby is like and how your day never goes as you plan and how it takes twice as long to go anywhere. Even with that we have loved it!
Tuesday: I have been going to Yoga every Tuesday and have loved it. I was one of those people that used to make fun and thought yoga was SO WIERD. But it is awesome!!! My good friend Heather goes with me...thanks for challenging me and being my yoga partner!
Wednesday: We had a youth activity at a nearby place where all the girls dressed up in black and jeans and we took pictures of them. What an awesome group of girls. I was reminded how thankful I am that Jordan has such a strong support group of church friends. We had a blast taking the girls pictures. It was fun to see their different personalities!
Thursday: After a long awaited few weeks, we finally decided on what we wanted and......MY NEW DISHWASHER WAS DELIVERED!!!I LOVE IT!!!! I only have to run it once and my dishes actually came out clean!!!! An added bonus is that it is super quiet! As you can see it already has the trademark of kids in the house....(with their fingerprints all over it!)
Jordan also played a great game of volleyball Thursday night, and My uncle Ron and cousin Austin came to see her play! Thanks so much guys!!!
Friday: This was a great day for just getting a few things done around the house....a couple toilets cleaned and laundry done! A fun day to play outside and relax.
Saturday: Saturday started bright and early with Chase's soccer game! What can I say.....he is awesome! Cody played later in the day....just when it got super hot!!! He did great, he tied his record of 6 goals in one game.
Now the "not so great part of the day!" For the past 17 years since I have been able to drive, I have never gotten a ticket.....well, my streak ended!!! AHHHHH!!! I got a speeding ticket....what makes me so mad, is I know the police always patrol the road....not that I am making excuses but, I was in Ricks car (which tends to drive a little faster than my minivan), and talking with Jordan not really paying attention. I kind of thought he was pulling the guy RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME over, but nope!!! It was me!!! BUMMER!!!
That night was the first annual Oktoberfest in downtown McKinney....mom came with us to enjoy the great German atmosphere! We all had a good time...it was packed with people. We had some bratwurst and were reminded how much we miss Germany!

For Rick the highlight of the week was that the COWBOYS LOST!
As for me, this week I am grateful for extended family. I love that we live close to family and that they take time out of their schedules to spend time with us!!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

go speed racer!

Kristen said...

I thought Rick was a Cowboys fan...did I miss that one?

DK-Bennett said...

yeah!!! new dish washer!!!!!!