Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Katie!

Today would have been my little sister Katie's 29th birthday. I can't believe it! Oh we would have had a good time teasing her that she was almost 30. I'm sure if she were still here, she wouldn't look a bit different. I'm quite certain she would be just as cute as always and a cute tiny little body! She passed away 9 years ago, and not a day goes by that I don't think of her. Especially on her birthday!I love looking at these pictures of her! It shows exactly the kind of person she was. Fun, happy, and full of life. She was the cutest BYU cheerleader! I remember when she made the squad. It was so awesome because she didn't really take a lot of dance or gymnastic classes.....she was just a natural! I am sure that her being so cute helped too!











I must confess, I stole this "wedding" picture off my sisters blog. I love this picture. When we were little, people called us "stair steps". You can see why. I love Katies face in this picture. It's kind of one of those, I have been smiling all day, please don't make me do it anymore smiles! We were always dressed alike. Call me crazy, I actually kind of liked that!This picture was the last family photo we took together. I can't believe it has been so long. I was actually pregnant with Paige when this picture was taken. I am thankful for days like today when I can really think about her and how much I love her. Mom and I had the opportunity to go to the temple today. It was awesome! I love going because I am reminded of so much. I was reminded what life is all about. Mom and I took time to think about Katie and thought about what our reunion will be like with her. I know she knew we were thinking about her. Today was one of those days when I felt just a little closer to her. I can't wait for the day I will see her again! Happy Birthday Kate! We miss you so much and love you!

5 comments:

Kerstin said...

Kari-
Nissa forwarded me the link to your blog. Thank you for the post. Elyse and I were just together this week and remembering that it was Katie's birthday. Seeing all those pics, brought back a flood of memories. How I love that girl! It sometimes still hard to believe that she is gone. I still think of her often and her life has forever impacted mine for the better.
Kerstin Lundgren Bean

Jennalee said...

here's a hug from me :) what a bunch of neat memories to hold on to :)

Wendy said...

You have such a great testimony. You have an awesome family, and you will definitely all be together again.

McCall said...

I love to learn more and more about Katie! She was so cute! love you!

hoLLy said...

she was beautiful(looks so much like you!) so sorry this had to happen to your family, what a difficult thing to have to have gone through. it sounds like you have such a strong and awesome family kari and what a great knowledge that you'll all be together again. happy birthday katie!