Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Local Bed and Breakfast!

This weekend with Hurricane IKE heading in the path of DFW my friends and I decided to evacuate to.......LEWISVILLE!!! Yes, I realize that Lewisville is only 30 minutes away, and if we were to have any serious effects of the hurricane - being in Lewisville would not have made any difference. Nonetheless....we needed a girls "sleepover." A HUGE thanks to my mom and dad for offering their home, aka "bed and breakfast" to us for the night. It was truely a vacation! The night started with a yummy dinner! Thanks dad for standing over the hot BBQ! Then off to the pool for some night swimming! I had a super fun surprise for the girls. When we went out to the pool, my dad had set up his big pull down screen against the side of the house and his projector. We got to watch the Celine Dion Las Vegas concert from the pool and hot tub. AWESOME!!!! We loved singing her songs and some of the girls showed off their syncronized swimming skills!








We also got a little crazy on the diving board! We had a fun time trying new tricks....thinking we were 17 again and actually flexible. NOT!!! Some had awesome face plants, backflops, and bellyflops......you know who you are!!!We had so much fun....we were probably out in the pool for almost 2 hours! When we dried off and went back inside it was all about the banana splits and dancing!!! My new most favorite movie is MAMMA MIA!!! So yes, once again to prove we still got it going on, we danced the night away to the MAMMA MIA CD! We had our microphones (brushes), and pink feather boa! What more do you need! Let me just say - in the dancing department.....we still got it going on!!!!! Even mom got a bit of the action! Tiare, I have to give props to you.....here you are pregnant and whipping out the running man! You were shaking it girl! By this time it was after midnight already! We figured the night was still young and it was time to get REALLY crazy! We went back outside, the pool looked so inviting and it was a full moon! Crazy things happen when it is a full moon outside.....as for what happens next...let's just say, WHAT HAPPENS IN LEWISVILLE, STAYS IN LEWISVILLE!!! RIGHT GIRLS!!!
Next - in line was the movie of the evening....what better movie than "GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN!" Erin, you were awesome! Thanks for being my dance partner! We totally could have been on Dance TV!!! I think we watched this movie way to many times when we were younger. (If you can't tell, we are doing our "senior picture" pose!I think it was a little after 3AM when we said our goodnights and "retired to our rooms."
Girls, thanks so much for having a "sleepover" with me!!! That was just what I needed! I love that I have friends I can be myself around, do crazy things with, and have so much fun with!!! It is fun to act like a teenager every once in awhile! Mom and Dad, you are the absolute best!!! You run an awesome, "bed and breakfast!" It was honestly better than going to a hotel! Thanks so much for opening up your home to my friends and for letting us be crazy all night long!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Seriously, a blast! I laugh out loud when I think of all the fun we had. I love the "what happens in Lewisville stays in Lewisville" line, that was so what I was thinking for my blog! Your parents are the best, I can't wait for our next slumber party!

apentrev said...

I would like to thank you for delivering my wife back to me in one piece, albeit slightly tired and delusional. Also, I'd like to give a shout out to all those who have deleted pictures off their cameras. And if you haven't, my lawyer will be contacting you shortly.....:P

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a super fun girls weekend. We need to get all the girls in the family together and do something like that!!

Nissa-Lynn said...

Thank you so much for everything Kari!!!! Your're the best! It was just what I needed! It was a blast! I'm so grateful for the super great group of girlfriends we have! And you are so wonderful! Love ya!

P.S. Can I copy this and paste it to my blog? I'll give you the credit for writing it!