Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Teenager In The House!!!!!

Saturday the 16th was a great day! It was Jordans 13th birthday! She had a great time with her friends friday night. We woke up to the crazy hail storm, headed off to a NART class (volleyball workout class), had lunch with friends, then we got to go to a "late" lunch with family that was flying through Dallas. We love to see Chris, Megan, and cute Kennedy. We didn't have long to see them, but had a great time! I felt kind of bad, because as Jordan and I were driving home, she said it didn't really "feel" like her birthday. I kept asking her why, and she would say she didn't know.....little did she know what was coming that night!
SURPRISE!!!!!! Her friends at church threw her and a friend of hers (Kayden) a surprise party. They both have the same birthday and were born only 30 minutes apart. (or close to that) Kaydens mom and I told both of them some story about needing an interview from the bishop, so we both arrived at the same time and they walked in together....it was perfect, and neither one of them had a clue!
We had a great time with the kids....what a great group! First we took them to Wallmart, where they were going to have a picture scavenger hunt....well, that didn't last very long because the undercover cop stopped them. The kids were a little scared....us moms teased them a little and told them they were going to Wallmart jail! It was definately an experience all the kids will remember. Once we got back to the house, they played games, opened gifts, had cake and home they went. It was so much fun!
The teenagers!
I'm so grateful Jordan has such a great group of kids to hang out with. When we were headed home I asked Jordan if it felt more like her birthday now....she smiled and said, "yes"! I can't believe I have a teenager....she has grown up so fast....it seems like yesterday we were watching Pooh Bear videos and playing with her big purple Barney doll....I'm so grateful for Jordan and the beautiful young lady she has turned out to be. I'm so blessed....I've always considered her my special angel, for many reasons! Happy Birthday sweetie!! Thanks for being you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet of her riends. We all need friends like that.

Anonymous said...

she is getting a bit old for me but i would fuckher