Thursday, February 28, 2008

Back to what we call Normal!

After our crazy week of birthdays - last week was not so crazy. We were back to a normal week of practices, games, practices, homework, and more practices...
I am looking forward to my trip next week. I get to go to California and meet up with Kristen and Kelsey.....off to Disneyland we go! YEAH!!! I'm ready for the break. The past few months have been one of those "calgon, take me away" kind of times...I'm sure you know what I mean.
Donny is currently in Washington finishing up training before he goes to Afghanistan the end of April. He is excited....I just say let's get it over with and get him home safely!
So yesterday, the boys were "being boys" and beating up on each other. I told them they both had to go into the kitchen and sweep the floor. (as punishment) Then I told them they had to say atleast 5 nice things to each other....you would have thought I tore both their arms off....what torture for them to have to actually say nice things to each other. Mom and I were sitting in the family room listening to them...first I hear Chase say under his breath....."your a good sweeper." I reminded Chase that he needed to say, "CODY, your a good sweeper!" with a happy, loving voice. The next thing I heard was cody say, "Chase your a good sweeper." The next two compliments were just them copying what the other had said. So finally I said that they couldn't copy what the other person said. It was so cute! In a happy, excited voice I heard. "Chase, I love the color of your eyes." and Chase said, "Cody, I like your smile."
Mom and I were dying laughing! Of course as soon as they both said 5 nice things they said...."we are done!" It was nice to hear them complimenting each other.....maybe one day they will do it without being forced too! It was a great punishment!

4 comments:

Jeff and Tenille said...

I just cant see the two of them fighting! Thats hillarious! They always get along so good when you're here. Hope you have a fun time at Disney Land. Be sure to post pics when you get back.

Wendy said...

How sweet! That is a great idea for punishment, I will have to try it sometime.

Kelsey said...

You are such a good mom! Where do you come up with these great ideas? I will have to remember them. No doubt my boys will be constantly in need of such punishments! (ok, they already are!)

Kelsey said...

Hey, I tagged you! I actually did one, aren't you proud. Now your turn. :) See you in a few days!