Monday, April 28, 2008

Donny is off to Afghanistan!

Okay, why am I bawling while writing this???? Donny I just can't believe you are actually going and better yet, old enough to go! We were lucky to have Donny come home for only a few days last weekend before heading to Afghanistan. His unit will go sometime this week. Donny we are so proud of you and while it is hard for me see you go, I know the reasons why you are.You have such a passion for the army...I admire that! You are ready! It is so much fun to hear you talk about all that you have done...because the excitement in your voice tells me that you are totally okay with what you are about to do.
Donny, your family loves you so much and will constantly be thinking of you and praying for you until your safe return home. The next year will probably be the longest and most worrysome of my life, but at the same time, I am so proud to have you as my brother. Donny stay close to the Lord. I know he will watch over you, and I know Katie will be with you each and every day!
You promised you would keep in touch...so I am holding you to that! I love you Donny!

6 comments:

Kristi Clinger said...

As you are balling writing that post I am balling while reading it. It sounds like you had a special time with your brother. Tell Donny thank you from my family. We will keep him in our prayers.

k.young said...

Me too. I balled the whole way through! You guys sure know how to pull at the heart strings!!

Christine said...

Make that another person who balled while reading this! Kari, please tell your brother thank you for serving our country and protecting our freedoms. It takes a very special person to do this. We will be praying for him and for your family.

hoLLy said...

the men and women that serve our country have my absolute highest respect and a special place in my heart. it must be so hard to say goodbye to your little brother(btw-he is so cute!) but i know he will be protected. our family will pray for him and for you! tell him thank you for serving our country. lots of love from the duenas family

Kristen said...

love the music with the post!

Wendy said...

Your brother sounds like a pretty great guy and oh so brave. I am grateful for his sacrifice and for yours!