Monday, April 28, 2008

Saying Goodbye....

So while we had such a great time with Donny it was the goodbye that we were dreading!!! The kids (and myself) pretty much followed Donny everywhere he went. They loved sitting with him looking at pictures of what he has been doing for the past few months.It is always great to see my dad and donny together. Since my dad is a retired Colonel in the military, he knows all about this kind of stuff. They have fun talking "army."
The kids love their uncle Donny....poor Paige has inherited my "emotional" side...sorry Paige. Like her mother, she tends to become quite emotional about this kind of stuff.
Thanks Donny for letting us have this last weekend with you...I know you didn't love my camera in your face 24/7, but you know me and my camera...I know...I'm as bad as mom!
Mom and Dad didn't get much alone time with Donny, but loved spending every minute with him...we even got them to play quitar hero with us!!!
Donny, I want you to know how much I love you! I know you are so excited to serve your country. Thank you for being such a great example to those around you and to my children! We will be praying for you and your fellow soldiers serving. Just remember to "listen to the spirit!" I love you bud!!!

2 comments:

k.young said...

Man, all of those posts brought tears to my eyes. Please keep us updated on news from Donny when you hear it! Thanks :)

The Plantenga's said...

Loved all the photos of Donny and the family! Like I said to Kels, he's grown up! He's not the little boy refusing to take a shower- I mean a pedicure! Wow- I'm amazed! :-)

Mel