Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Dream Weekend!!

This past weekend was AMAZING!!!!! Rick was invited to a Microsoft "conference" (if you could call it that) at the Four Seasons Hotel and Resort in Las Colinas. First I have to give a big THANK YOU to our friend Drew - who was the one who arranged for Rick to be on the invite list!!!! Thanks Drew!!! We owe you big time!!! Another big thank you goes to my mom, who was willing at the last minute to watch the kids, so I could go and spend the weekend with Rick! Thanks mom!!! The idea for the conference was for Microsoft to invite their customers who use their product, so they could get some feedback on what products they are using and any suggestions on how to make things better. To accomplish this everyone was invited to the Resort to take part of the Golf School. (not much work was going on) Rick went Thursday afternoon and the plan was that I wasn't going to go until Saturday after the kids soccer games. He called me Thursday night and told me how awesome it was. They put him in a villa on the 18th green...now for those of you that aren't golf fans, let me explain the significance of this. This resort is where the Byron Nelson is played. It is actually in a couple of weeks....they have totally redone this course and nobody will play on it until the Golf Pro's do! Anyway, we could walk out the door and there was the 18th green! Very exciting even for me and I'm not a golfer! When Rick got to the room, there was a plate with a "golf school" sign...what was cool is that everything was made of chocolate!We waited until the last day to take a bite....it was yummy!
So after talking to Rick, I decided I would go on Friday and surprise him. He had golf school all day and they were playing until about 6:00. (the course Rick was playing on was another one they have at the Resort) When I arrived I went to the room to drop off my stuff and had one of the workers drive me around in a golf cart to find Rick. First let me say - you would have thought I was famous by the way I was treated...everyone was so polite! I finally found Rick....he was surprised! We went to dinner and after dinner they had set up a little night golfing for all of us to participate in. The balls were lit up in neon colors...yes, even I participated -but we didn't win anything. After that we headed back to our room. Every night Rick was there....something would be left on the bed for him from the golf school. The first night he got a shirt, second night - a jacket and hat, and his last gift was a framed picture of the group that will be mailed to the house. Yes AMAZING! Once we got back to the room, we just enjoyed it!!! We opened the doors to the balcony and enjoyed the view! We enjoyed the huge flat screen tv..the awesome bed with the most comfortable pillows and down comforter...even the bathroom was awesome!!! And my favorite - the robe!(This was the view from our balcony!!) Saturday morning Rick had to head off to golf early, so I took advantage of sleeping in and using the voucher they left me for breakfast. I could either eat at the cafe or order room service....no brainer....room service!!!! I didn't know what I wanted, so I figured I would try a few things....When they brought me my food, they set up my little table for me, opened my napkin, and there I was - sitting in my robe, with a ton of yummy food - just enjoying life!I did feel a little silly, but loved it!!! I was also left a gift card to use at the spa....so first I headed over to the fitness center to get a little workout in....yes that was awesome too! As I am working out...someone comes around carrying a tray of cold towels and water...as I am huffing and puffing on the treadmill...he asks, "ma'm can I get you anything". I took a water! After I worked out, I headed over to the spa - put on my suit and soaked in the hot tub for awhile...then went in for a massage and facial...okay I have never done a facial before - ladies....that is definately something you should do! After that, I just sat in my comfy robe they have for you and relaxed....then used their awesome shower. I could have stayed in there all day!
It was only about 2:00 and I knew Rick was golfing, so I wasn't sure what I would do for the rest of the day...but then he called and said someone in his group was done, so I could go ride around with him for the last 9 holes...one of the workers drove me to where he was and I had a blast! It was so fun to hang out with him on the golf course...there were 2 other guys from the conference and a golf pro with us...I even got to hit some! Yes, my golf game needs work, but they were very nice to let me try! When we were done, we went to dinner, where they had the microsoft version of an ipod at Ricks dinner spot. Dinner was delicious...I had about 10 different pieces of silverware and probably went through 10 different plates by the time it was all said and done! After dinner we had fun talking to the other people there and playing a few games of pool! I was given the title of the "hustler" by my new Bostonion friend....I am not normally a very good pool player...I guess I just got lucky! We finished our trip with one last golf game Sunday morning....I slept in of course...then we took a ride around the new golf course. It was beautiful! And the million dollar homes surrounding it were beautiful too!What an amazing weekend...I definately got to experience how the rich and famous live. If you watch the Byron Nelson on tv, you will see exactly where we stayed! Rick and I had a great time and were able to spend some much needed "alone" time together! I love you Rick - thanks for a weekend I will never forget!

11 comments:

Kristi Clinger said...

How nice! It's sounds like you received royal treatment which was well deserved. It's great that you got to have a weekend away together.

hoLLy said...

joey would have been in HEAVEN! i would've been too actually. we love golf! joey loves playing, i love being the maniac behind the wheel of the golf cart. we love it. you guys look like you had a blast and were pampered like parents of four deserve to be pampered! :) what a beautiful place, with beautiful views, and beautiful rooms. i'm jealous! joey and rick need to go golfing together soon. let set them up on a golf date kari !)

Tom and Audrie said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun!!!! I can't wait till we have a weekend away from my wonderful kids!!

Kristi Clinger said...

By the way Kari, cute pink shirt.

Kristen said...

how fun!!! I want a weekend like that!!! It's so nice to get away with the hubby and be pampered every now and then!

Christine said...

What a fun weekend! Glad that you could have a weekend getaway. They are always worth it! I went golfing with Trent a little bit ago and I actually had fun! As long as I don't have to keep score, then I am good with it! And facials....oh they are the best!

Wendy said...

LUCKY! That sounds like a dream to me. I love, love, love, staying in a nice hotel, getting room service and relaxing in their cozy beds- bonus with the massage and facial! Seriously you guys got hooked up!

k.young said...

How fun! Sounds like the perfect weekend! I love the new blog background, by the way!

Jennifer said...

Wow, I don't even know what to say. Oh, I know....I'm SUPER jealous!!! Ha, you deserve it though! Aaron perposed to me at the four seasons in Carlsbad, Ca. His parents were there for his Dad's work. We used their spa and comfy robes as well. I've never had a facial, but now I'm thinking about it. Aaron's mom loved the pillows so much, she actually ordered some from the hotel for her bed. When Aaron and I drove up to the hotel (in our crappy 1995 2 door Honda civic) the staff treated us like we were royalty pulling up in a Ferrari. We got a good laugh out of that. I'm glad you guys had fun!

4sweetboys1princess said...

Okay, I am totally jealous too! That sounds great!

Kelsey said...

How fun! I'm so jealous! Mike's work never gets perks like that. He does come home with mugs every once in a while, but I don't really think it's the same thing. Next time I'm stowing away!