Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Feeling a bit under the weather!

Sorry for the lapse in writing....I haven't been feeling well lately and have enjoyed just taking it easy...
Last weekend I had the opportunity to attend Youth Conference with the youth in our church...it was extra fun because Jordan went also. We went to Eisenhower State Park, near Lake Texoma....it was cold and rainy and I didn't get much sleep, but what an experience!!! The youth in our ward are amazing! They have such strong testimonies of Jesus Christ. It is truely an honor to get to work with the youth of our ward.
The kids are doing great and we are in full swing with all their activities. Jordan continues with volleyball and has already had 2 track meets...she has completely surprised me! Her first meet I lost track of her and thought for sure she had fallen down (oh ye of little faith!) Just then I see her round the corner with the rest of the pack....she is doing awesome and is working so hard! With all she has going on her last report card was straight A's....yes I'm a proud mama! Paige continues with her masterpieces on the canvas and is looking forward to starting swim lessons next week. She decided she wants to be on the swim team this summer, so we figured we better get her strokes down. Paige also is a master in the classroom...she works so hard at school - her last report card couldn't have been better! She is definately my child that is a self motivator...I'm so proud of you! Chase is excited for his first baseball game Friday night...he is hoping to knock one out of the park! Saturday he plays another soccer game...I think he is keeping a running tab on how many goals he scores...I'm not sure what the count is now...I think it is more to make sure he stays ahead of his little brother. He is so fun to watch - whatever sport he does...he works so hard and gives it 100%! Cody was excited about his 2 goals in soccer last weekend and looks for more this Saturday. He has been so fun this past week. We had a little scare the other day with the tornado siren going off, so for the past couple of nights we have had major deep conversations...he has thrown out some of the craziest questions....does the world end? Where do Tornados come from? Where do they live? If we die will we come back alive? And he keeps asking questions about Mer and Per...(my grandparents who died before he was born) crazy! Well, to say the least our conversations have been DEEP! But fun!!
Yes, life continues to be busy..I know one day they will all be grown up and gone, so I just enjoy each stage with them...busy or not!

The girls at Youth Conference (I think the boys were taking down their tents) Can you see what I mean by awesome!!

One day earlier in the week, I was so exhausted and not feeling well...I had gone to lay down. I woke up and called for Cody, but couldn't find him. (mother of the year - I know) I checked the front door and it was still locked, so I knew I was okay. Then I went in his room and found him tucked in bed with all his little webkinz around him taking a nap...he is the best. I constantly ask myself - what did I do to deserve such a great little guy!

We were lucky to have Ricks brother and sister-in-law come visit us last week. Thanks Craig and Sheri for taking time to visit. The kids LOVED spending time with you. Just today Cody was running down the hall doing some crazy turns just like Uncle Craig. You guys are the best!!!!

3 comments:

Kristi Clinger said...

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. Does Paige take request with her painting? I have an art nook in my new home that I would love something from her to put there.

k.young said...

How fun! I would love to work with the youth! Maybe someday! Thanks for the reminder to enjoy everyday. I know I only have one baby, but it gets hard sometimes and I find myself wishing she would just grow up. But I know I should enjoy this time cause it never happens again.

Christine said...

Cute new pics of the family! Sorry you've been under the weather. Glad to hear your better! You are so great with the youth! They are lucky to have you!!! You are welcome here anytime you come to Utah. We'd love to see you. Send Jordan up sometime, too. Kaelyn would be soooo happy!!