Tuesday, June 1, 2010

MEET OUR NEWEST ADDITION!!

We had a great Memorial Day Weekend.....yes, I will blog about that, BUT FIRST - we have BIG news!!!! Let me start with a little background. Many of you know Paige has had an obsession with yorkies for some time now. We figured as time went by, she would forget about it, and obsess about something else. Nope...not the case. She has been saving every penny she has earned to buy herself a little Yorkie. Rick and I never really felt like we wanted a dog, so thinking Paige would forget about it, we told her she would have to buy one for herself. If any of you know the price of a Yorkie, you can understand why we felt like we were pretty safe. It would definitely be awhile!!! Or so we thought....

A few weeks ago we received a phone call that would change everything! :) Ricks brother called and let me know that his Yorkie had puppies and they knew Paige's' desperate WANT to have one. They asked if they could give one to the family. (okay - I really meant to say Paige). I got off the phone thinking, "oh she would love it, but I'm not sure we are ready for this." A couple days went by and I told Rick we needed to let his brother know. I thought for sure he would say, just tell him no thank you...BUT...he said - tell him we will take it. Okay, immediately I was nervous, scared, unsure, excited, happy, and did I mention nervous and scared? I had never had a dog before and didn't know the first thing about dogs. WELL....Rick was flying home to visit his parents for Memorial Day Weekend, so he figured he could just bring it home then.

He wasn't flying in on Monday night until after 10:30, but I thought for sure I could keep the kids awake for this awesome surprise. The plane was late, so when I got the call just before midnight Rick was almost home, I frantically tried to wake the kids up for their surprise. This is what I had to work with......

The kids were zonked out from the fun weekend we had. Cody was somewhat awake when Rick walked in holding the puppy. Cody kept saying, "Paige, Paige, Paige." Paige slowly opened her eyes as Rick put the puppy in her lap. She got the biggest smile on her face. All the kids suddenly weren't tired at all. Each one of them took turns holding the puppy! Paige had perma-grin!!! I think it was almost 1:30 AM before everyone was back to bed.

So, even though Rick and I thought we would NEVER do this.....
WE WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE THE NEWEST MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY.... MAX The kids were and are still so excited to have him! And as for Paige - I don't think she has stopped smiling for a full day straight! She can hardly put the little guy down!In fact, tonight she begged to let him sleep with her. (just for a little while :)Max is the sweetest little dog. He is so good and just ADORABLE!! The kids all love him! He is so cute playing with the kids. I think we wore him out tonight though! We took so many pictures of him, so stay tuned for more postings!! A huge thank you to Uncle Stew and Aunt Tracee for the fun and happiness Little Max has brought into our home!!! :)

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

oh my gosh! He is sooo cute! I can't wait to see him in person. He is so adorable! Thanks a lot, now I'm in big trouble!! You have no idea how difficult you just made my life by getting a dog. :) Hopefully the training goes well. Love you guys!

Kelsey said...

I just showed Mike the picture and he wants to know if they will be having another litter. See, I told you! Thanks a lot!