Thursday, June 24, 2010

Never Too Early To Party!!

This summer is a little busy with a lot of traveling. SO - I wanted to make sure with all the comings and goings....Ricks birthday didn't get forgotten. We have some friends that like to celebrate birthdays, so we planned a fun day that was, "ALL ABOUT RICK." We did all of his favorites! The day started on the lake! Rick could absolutely LIVE on the lake in a boat. We headed to Texoma bright and early. Everyone took a shot at slalom skiing. This was my first time trying, and surprisingly I actually got up....I couldn't believe it! Then it was on to tubing! Me and the girls decided to all get on at the same time. Smart idea????? NOT!!!! Our tubing time ended when Derrick was "taking it easy on us." Somehow we hit a wake and all three of us went flying off in three different directions. Let's just say I'm glad I brought the Aleve!!! After a little break we were feeling ready to go again...With a promise to "really" take it easy - Rick and I decided to give it a go. Yes, we caught some air, but I definitely recommend two at a time instead of three. Kendra and Derrick took a turn..... and Melanie and Jason gave it a try...It's great to know that we aren't too old to enjoy ourselves!!!! Rick took a turn solo, and as hard as we tried we couldn't knock him off. We had such a good time at the lake, but the time went by too fast. We were a bit on a time schedule because the boys planned Rick's second favorite thing....GOLFING. As hot as it was the boys had a great time golfing. I'm not really sure who won...I think it is still up in the air :) While the boys were golfing, the girls went home, showered and got ready for the rest of the evening. When the guys were done golfing they met us for dinner. This part, Rick didn't know about. So to let him know this day was really planned around him...I had a sign and balloons waiting for him at the restaurant. I think it was then he realized we didn't just randomly plan the lake, golfing, and dinner all in one day just because! We have great friends and are so lucky they were willing to give up a whole day to spend with us. So...Happy early Birthday babe....I tried to fill the day with all your favorites! Love you!

No comments: