Friday, September 25, 2009

Homecoming!

This week is homecoming week at the high school. Jordan has had fun dressing up everyday. One day was fifties day. She didn't want to embarass herself and wear a poodle skirt, so I told her to wear jeans and a white shirt. She didn't have a button up white shirt, so I took her in my closet and gave her one of mine. Her first response was, "I am not wearing that!" Okay now - it was just a 3/4 length sleeve shirt with a collar and buttons. Just your typical white shirt. I told her it was perfect. Her response, "why do you own a shirt like that?" As if it was totally out of style or something! She is so funny!
Another day was seventies day and she broke out her tie dye, peace jewelry, and flower head band.
Next was 80's day...she had fun with this one...she sported the Flashdance look - she cut the collar out of a shirt, had on leg warmers, and yes - the side pony!!! She looked so cute...I kept teasing her that she was secretly loving the side pony and would be wearing one more often. :)
Today is Friday and the game is tonight with the dance being tomorrow! Now the real reason she didn't have a date for the dance is because she isn't 16 yet. But I told her she could go with a group of friends. Here in Texas when you have a date to homecoming they get "mums". These are huge flowers decorated with all kinds of ribbons and cute stuff on them. The girls wear them to school and the boys get an arm band from the girl. Jordan just texted me saying, "I can't wait till I'm sixteen!!!! Everyones mums are so cute!" WELL - I can definately wait until she is 16. But so excited for her to experience these fun events!

No comments: