Saturday, October 3, 2009

What a WEEK!

WOW! What a week! where do I start.....I guess let's start with last weekend. In my previous post I mentioned how last week was homecoming week for Jordan. Last Friday she had sent me that cute text about the "mums". Well after I got it, I thought - eventhough she isn't going with someone to the dance, she should still have a mum! I rushed to hobby lobby, and of course the lady told me it was too late to have one made. (which was actually fine - because they are pretty pricy!!!) SO - I gathered up everything I would need and made her one myself. I must say for my very first mum - I thought it was pretty cute! I had it hanging on the front door for Jordan when she got home from school. I think she was pretty excited to see that she had her very own mum. Now the mum traditional seems to be native to Texas, so when Rick saw it, he couldn't believe how huge it was. Yes the girls actually wear these things pinned on their shirts....Jordan was telling us how some girls had mums even bigger and with 3 flowers. CRAZY!!!!! Anyway, I'm glad she got her mum!! Friday night she went to the game and had a great time!
Bright and early Saturday morning, Jordan and I headed to her softball tournament. She is having fun playing again, and I must say - I love watching her play.... We were at the ballfields for the whole day! She started with pool play, then her first bracket game was at 1:30. Her hopes were that they would win two games right away, so she could come home and go to the homecoming dance with her friends. She had it all figured out, so she could be home to get ready and be to the dance at 8:00. WELL.......it didn't quite happen that way! They won some and lost some, which put them starting a new game at 7:30. I felt so bad for her, she was pretty disappointed. They actually started the game a little early, so it was over and we were driving home by 9:00. We got home at 9:30 (no, I wasn't speeding :) And I told her, if she could hurry - she could be at the dance by 10:00 - that way she would have an hour and a half there. HOLY COW - I couldn't believe it - she was showered and dressed with makeup on by 10:00. This was a world record for her! Granted her hair was dripping wet - but she didn't care, she just wanted to get to the dance! She made it to the dance, and had a great time! I felt so bad - I wanted to make it a fun night for her, so I told her that I would take her and her friends to IHOP after the dance. Just for fun. Now - here I was thinking I was the cool mom....I would take them to IHOP, and let them stay out and have some fun. I had just showered, and had put on my pj's. I figured - it's just IHOP at midnight! WELL - we got to IHOP and I think everyone in McKinney had the same idea. We waited for close to an hour for a table. Here I was sitting with these cute girls all dressed up, in my pajamas, glasses, and my blow dry look. I was totally embarrassed! I should have known better!!! Thankfully Jordan and her friends didn't care a bit! Once we finally got a table it was close to 1:00 AM!!! The girls were wired. I'm not sure if it was because they were so excited or because they were way past tired and moved onto hyper/silly! So what do you do when it is early in the morning and you are waiting for your food?????Try to stick spoons to your nose of course!!!Finally the food came - and it tasted pretty darn good!!! I couldn't believe how crowded that place was.....I will definately remember that next year! I told Jordan, next year we will just make breakfast at our house!
After we ate, we drove around a bit - stopping and taking pictures around town. I love this picture of the girls!True ANGELS!!!!And here we have proof of what time it was when we got home. 2:15 AM!!! What a long day! I was totally beat! I think Jordan was too! We had church the next morning bright and early at 8:30 am! I came home from church not feeling so great! I laid down for a nap and napped almost the whole day! Monday I wasn't feeling so great either....Tuesday the same, so finally I went to the doctor. YEAP - the FLU!!!! Wow - it totally knocked me out....today is Saturday and finally I can say I am beginning to feel better. It has been so frustrating all week. Just being so tired, not feeling well, and not being able to do anything... I never thought I would say this, but I am actually kind of excited to get the house clean. It is frustrating to have so much to do and not be able to do anything. Thankfully, Rick took the kids everywhere they needed to be this week and took over! I'm looking forward to a week with more energy!!!!
The other kids were busy this week with their own activities and projects. Paige finished another awesome painting. This one is going to my neice for Christmas. She loves "princesses" and so Paige painted the Cinderella carriage for her. We have also been into "bugs" at our house lately. Paige is my "bug girl." She loves bugs!! Jordan had a project at school where she had to catch live bugs, kill them with "poison", and then pin them. A friend of mine gave us all kinds of bugs from her backyard where she has a butterfly farm. So we also got a lot of caterpillars, and some chrysallis'. The kids have LOVED watching the transformations and we are all convinced in the spring we need our very own butterfly garden! Chase is keeping busy with soccer and baseball. He had stopped playing baseball for a few seasons, but is really enjoying playing again! His team is the Texas Rangers....how appropriate!
My little Cody has been learning a lot in school and everyday comes home with a new thing he has learned. His class has been talking about weather. This seems to be very interesting to him. He came home telling me all about tornados, earthquakes, and then continued describing something else. He said, "you know that one thing where there is a hurricane in the water. And the waves get really big and there is lots of water. A SALAMI." At first I was completely clueless as to what he was talking about....he said, "you know a salami or something?" OH, A PSUNAMI!!!!

I love the tornado picture with the people inside the tornado! Thanks to my family for keeping me smiling even when I don't feel well!!!!

No comments: