Thursday, September 3, 2009

Don't you just love em????

Yesterday was quite a busy day....Activity Days for Paige, Temple baptisms for Rick and Jordan, and soccer for Chase and Cody. The busy part was that they all overlapped! Thanks to a good friend for taking care of Paige! The boys and I were off to Plano for soccer and as usual this tends to be the time we have super fun conversations! Chase tells me about his day, and Cody asks LOTS of questions and is very open with what is on his mind.
Cody tends to have a few concerns these days:
**I mentioned to him my registration sticker expired. I have the new one, but haven't put it on yet.
Cody asks, "What happens if the policeman pulls you over?"
Kari - "Mommy will get a ticket."
Cody - "How much will it be? Will you go to jail?"
Kari - "I won't go to jail, but I will have to pay $200.00"
Cody - "Do you have $200.00?"
Kari - "not to spend on a ticket."
Cody - "Why does your registration expire?"
Cody - "How do you get the old one off?"
Cody - "Whats the sticker underneath it for?"
Cody - "Does every car have to have stickers?"

Well, you get the idea....he is just full of questions these days and wants all the answers. Everytime we see a policeman, Cody watches him very carefully to make sure he isn't turning around to come pull us over. He is sure to let me know we are "safe for now."

As our conversation continued, I asked Chase to start reading his book. He said, "I will just read during Cody's practice."
Cody immediately chimed in with a cute, sweet, and very concerned little voice.
"Aren't you going to support me? I always support you!"
Oh my gosh....could anything have been cuter??? He still has a little trouble with his "r's" so it was so cute to hear him say that!
I was dreading the drive to Plano twice a week, but I am quickly learning this has become a time of very precious moments!

No comments: