Thursday, September 17, 2009

BITTER - SWEET DAY!!!

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday sweet Katie, Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!


Today would be my baby sisters 30th birthday!!!! WOW!!! The funny thing about it is that she would have looked like she was still 20! Beautiful in every way!
Mom and Dad are celebrating in Disneyland!!!! Can you think of a better place. "THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!"

Today is a bitter sweet day! A day I think of Katie and how much I miss her. A day where I think about the things she would have accomplished. A day where I think about - who her husband would be and how many kids she would have. BUT best of all today is a day I think of her and remember the good times! Katie loved a good party! Katie loved to celebrate! Katie loved to laugh and to smile! Katie loved to joke and have fun!

This year I have had the opportunity to be very involved in the primary. (an organization that works with the children in our church.) I have thought a lot about Katie. The theme for the year is: My Eternal Family!!
Twelve years ago this probably wouldn't have meant as much to me as it does now. Now I have a husband, four children, and family members that have passed on. Over the past few weeks I have been writing and putting together the primary program for our children. I look at the theme and KNOW how very important it is! Do the children know how very important it is to have an ETERNAL FAMILY? Did I know at that young age??? I know now! Mainly because of life experiences that have made me more aware.

Because I have an eternal family I know that I will see Katie again. I know that I will be with my husband and children for eternity....not just for this life. What an amazing promise!!!

I am grateful for days like today. I mentioned today was bitter sweet....sad, because I miss my sister and would love so much to be celebrating with her. As sisters we started kind of a tradition that when we turn 30 we go to Disneyland together. Well, I guess in a way mom and dad carried on that tradition for us!:)
Today is sweet because I get to remember the good times. Even more important it is days like today that remind me how lucky I am. Lucky to have an eternal marriage. Lucky to know I will see my sister again. Lucky to know I will be with my dear husband and children forever. Days like today remind me to "not sweat the small stuff" and concentrate on what is really important! This life is so short. Thanks Katie for reminding to smile, love, laugh, and enjoy the ride!!!! I needed reminding!

No comments: