Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What? I can't hold their hands anymore???

The past three days have been exciting and tiring. School has been great for everyone! First day of high school was a success!!...classes were found...ate lunch with friends...saw friends in the hallway...bought all school supplies (after going out to different stores two nights in a row)...happy to be a freshman! Jordan is already studying for tests, doing projects, and learning how to sign the alphabet! First three days of school and already working hard. 5th grade is great! Paige is juggling carrying all her stuff from class to class, but loves the new smart boards in the classrooms and new teachers! 3rd grade is great for Chase because he has a buddy in his class...reading nightly has already started and Chase is making sure he is ahead of the game! He is excited because he and his friend will be riding their bikes to school together. Sometimes with mom and sometimes without mom. Am I ready for that???? We sat down and went over the rules very carefully....don't talk to strangers, ALWAYS stay together, and the list went on! Yesterday, I rode with the kids to school, but Chase and his buddy were eager to leave right away and beat us home. I was happy to see he was listening to our little talk...we managed to catch up with him because his buddies chain came off his bike. It was about 100 degrees, but they were side by side walking their bikes home. 1st grade is going to be amazing! Cody has already been line leader, tried on his teachers husbands shoes (a fun activity in the classroom) and is currently been designated the job of "doctor" in the class. All go to him if they are in need of a bandaid! I can tell he is having a great full day....he takes him all of 3 minutes to fall asleep once his head hits the pillow. The other night he was laying in my bed. (yes he still does that) I asked him if he was sleepy. He said, "one eye is, but the other one isn't." About 10 minutes later I said are you tired now? He said, "both eyes are sleepy now." That was the last I heard from him.
Moms first three days......have been crazy busy, but looking around the house you would think I sat and watched tv all day....I have lists and lists of things to get done, and the day is over before I accomplish any of them....not to mention I'm exhausted.....maybe I am just "emotionally" drained.
Tonight once again reminded me of the fact I am getting old! We had our introduction to seminary meeting for Jordan.....she has a great teacher! I'm so excited for her. I was teasing her tonight and told her I was going to be the "room mom" for seminary. She was laughing pretty hard, while at the same time asking, "are you really? Your kidding right." She then smiled at me and said (very sweetly), "mom, we need some separation."
Alot has already been learned this week for the kids and for mom! Can't wait to see what next week brings!

No comments: