Thursday, March 26, 2009

Proud Moments!!!!!

The week after Spring Break tends to always be hard. First, I still have suitcases in every room, laundry piled on the floor, and piles of "stuff" everywhere. Going out of town for the break was AWESOME! (I will post about it soon) It is the coming back to reality and living everyday life that is hard to get back in to! Second, it is hard for everyone to get back on their regular schedule. The staying up until WHENEVER is no longer! As well as the sleeping in until noon! So this week has been quite an adjustment to say the least! BUT - we have had some awesome news in our family! Lets hear it for "GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENTS!" Paige came home from school the other day and of course the humble girl she is - didn't say anything. Her cute friend said, "Paige has something she wants to tell you!" Paige let me know that she had won a contest. To preface this - let me explain. Paige had done a drawing in art that her art teacher entered into a contest. This particular drawing was also chosen to make Paige be "artist of the week" at school. I had no idea it would go any further. Paige pulled out a paper and in a nutshell it read that her drawing was entered into the Arbor Day contest. Every school from the area entered drawings and each school would have an honorable mention winner chosen. I thought - oh great, Paige won honorable mention. NOPE - out of 233 pieces of art submitted Paige was the GRAND PRIZE WINNER!!!! WAHOOOOOOOO! This means that on April 18th McKinney will be celebrating Arbor Day. Paige will have her picture on the official Arbor Day Poster and it will also be printed on the Arbor Day t-shirts. Paige will be recieving certificates, a t-shirt, and extra goodies along with recognition. Oh my gosh - I am sooooo proud of her. As we all know, Paige is so humble about this kind of stuff - she absolutely deserves it! So a big WAHOOOO for Paige. Way to go sweetie! Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of the picture, but as soon as I do, I will post it!
The second "GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT" was that Jordan was chosen to receive the "Lion Pride Excellence Award" at her school. There were only 7-10 kids chosen from her grade to receive this. She was nominated by a teacher that felt Jordan "exemplifies the spirit of good citizenship by being a positive leader and helping others in need. She sets high standards and shows respect to peers and teachers." As a mom I could not be more proud. Aren't those the qualities we all strive to teach our children? Now for the total not so great mom moment! I had received a paper in the mail a few weeks ago that Jordan would be receiving this award. Why didn't I put it on my calendar???? Why?? Why??? As I tend to do, I got busy, put the paper aside and let other papers stack up. Basically - I totally forgot about it. We went on vacation, came home, and life took over. Jordan came home from school yesterday and asked, "mom, did you know anything about an award?" Right then, my heart sunk! She said she was called on the announcements to the library. They had a breakfast for the kids and their parents, then called them up one by one and read what their teachers said about them and gave them their certificates. I wanted to cry!!! How did I forget about that??? My super sweet daughter assured me it was alright, but I know even though she didn't want to show it, she was a little sad. So here is my ever so public apology!!!! Jordan, I am so sorry! Your dad and I are so proud of you! You are such a great daughter and person. You work so hard to do your very best all of the time and we want you to know that we notice all your efforts. So dispite having a terrible mom moment - I am so proud of my girls who strive and continue to do their best in all that they do. I love you Paige and Jordan. I am such a lucky and proud mom!

2 comments:

Kristi Clinger said...

congrats to both of you girls! That's awesome.
Kari to make you feel better I have way too many Mom moments. You're an awesome Mom!

hoLLy said...

congratulations to your girls(and to you guys for being GREAT parents-we all forget stuff every now and then kari! don't worry.) i agree that you have some very sweet and wonderful kiddos-all 4 of them! you should be proud!