Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

Yes, another year and another birthday. I am still counting and I am at the big 34!!! Oh my gosh!! I remember when I was young and I would hear my aunt or uncle was in their 30's and I thought that was OLD! No I don't feel old inside, but the old body is feeling it outside. Is that sad??? Why can't I do those cheerleading jumps, or kick my leg up to my ear, or stay up all night? I feel like I should be able to! Is that what happens as you get older???I always decorate the house with streamers for the kids birthdays, so cute Paige HAD to do it for me. I had a great day! As you get older it seems that there isn't as much HOOPLA, but sometimes that is what makes it a perfect day! Rick stayed home from work today and decided he would take on the "mommy" duties. He got up bright and early with the kids and let me sleep! I woke up to the smell of bacon! YUM!! We had bacon and eggs - and I got to stay home and enjoy while Rick drove the kids to school. When he got home he let out a big sigh. I asked him, "have you had a long morning???" of course with a smile on my face. (It's nice he see's that may day starts off early and goes great guns from there) We decided to spend some time at the gym and have a soak in the hot tub - then he took me out to lunch! SALTGRASS....SUPER YUM!
The rest of the day was filled with school meetings, chick-fil-A night for the school, and open house at the middle school. When we got home Paige let me open my painting from her! She had wrapped it so cute and worked so hard on it - and I love it!! Now I just have to find a place to hang it! Rick had also suprised me with a bag of goodies and a sweet card on the counter. The kids and I are leaving town tomorrow, so he loaded me up with all my favorite goodies! The even better part was the Starbucks hot chocolate he brought home tonight while I was packing! Thanks babe!!! You always know just what I need! The kids couldn't go to bed tonight without doing the traditional BIRTHDAY SPANKS! It's quite hilarious seeing me try to crawl through the kids legs as fast as I can, so I don't get too many spanks! Eventhough I don't like getting older, I do LOVE birthdays...last week I celebrated with my girlfriends and next week I get to celebrate with mom....it's the birthday that never ends!! hooray! Thanks for a great day FAMILY!








Rick - I love you! Thanks for spending the day with me!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Kari!