Wednesday, February 25, 2009

CRAZY WEEK!!!!

I feel terrible that a week has gone by and I haven't posted anything about Jordan and Cody's birthday! So a shout out to Jordan who turned 14 on the 16th and to Cody who turned 6 on the 18th. I already posted about celebrating their birthdays at Medieval Times...we had a blast. On Jordans actual birthday we went out to dinner and she had a friend spend the night. Yes, it was on a school night - but we had no worries, since her friend that stayed over loves sleep as much as Jordan. She turned the big 14 - which is great for her because that means she is old enough to attend Stake Dances!!!! Lucky for her - there was one Saturday! This was crazy for me to see that she was old enough to go to the dances. I kept telling her that dad and I were going to chaperone, but she wasn't too excited about the idea. I took her out and she wanted to spend her birthday money on a new dress....she did a great job picking it out! She had a friend curl her hair and when it was all said and done she looked absolutely gorgeous! I was dying that I couldn't be at the dance. My friend was the DJ, so I kept telling her I was going to have him dedicate a song to her from her mom. (okay - not really). He did make an announcement and let everyone know it was her first dance. I showed up about 10 minutes before the dance ended and got to catch a glimpse of her dancing. Yes, I got a little teary eyed...she had a great time....danced with a lot of different boys, met new people, and had a ton of fun! One of her good buddies, took his camera and took some pictures for me....thanks Jared! Wow - we are onto the next stage....am I ready for this????
Cod-man turned the big 6! You know what that means....DISNEYLAND!!! Yup..he will be heading off to Disneyland with grandma and grandpa over spring break. He is so excited he can hardly stand it. For his birthday I took him to the Disney store and let him pick out some "must haves" before he headed off to Disneyland. I always feel bad for Cody because it seems that with Valentines Day and Jordans birthday - by the time we get to his birthday we are all partied out...I asked him what he would like to do for dinner (thinking please say stay home) and he said he wanted his favorite dinner.....SUNDAY DINNER! Wahoo! A nice dinner at home! When I asked him what he wanted for dessert, my sweet, non-high maitenance little guy said, "M&M cookies." So that is what he got. A cookie with a candle in it! I can't believe my baby is 6 and the last one of my clan to head to Disneyland. Can't we just freeze them???? I'm so excited he finally get's his turn. He will have a blast! Jordan and Cody - we love you and hope you had great birthdays!!!!
Just in case last week wasn't busy enough - Rick and Paige went to a Daddy-Daughter Dance at church. Paige was the cutest 50's girl around - not to mention her good-lookin date! They had a great time just the two of them dancing the night away. Yes, last week was busy, but a lot of fun for everyone!

No comments: