Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentines Weekend!!!

My Sweet Valentines!!!!!!
This time of year always tends to be a bit busy for the Peterson Family! We get to celebrate 3 great things all within one week!!! Valentines Day on the 14th, Jordans birthday on the 16th, and Cody's birthday on the 18th! PARTAAAAYYYY!!! The weekend started with the Annual Valentines Dance at the kids school. We have a great time...the kids get all dressed up and hit the dance floor.Paige was very excited about her special date! We got to have Maddie for the night! A few years ago Rick and I tried to go out to dinner on Valentines Day and we vowed we would never do that again...we are not crazy about waiting 3 hours to eat...so since then we decided we would make Valentines Day a family affair! We make a nice dinner for the kids, have some sparkling cider, and their most favorite part.....eat by candlelight! (That way we still have a little of the romance factor:-)
With two birthdays in one week, we decided this year that we wanted to do something together as a family. We surprised the kids by taking them to Medieval Times. They had no idea where we were going and when we got there they were so excited! It was so fun to see Cody watching so intensly. And Paige kept saying, "this is making me nervous." They loved the "battle" between knights! The kids were so excited about eating everything with their hands, and Cody's reaction was priceless when the waitress said his drinking choice was PEPSI! You should have seen his eyes light up! Mom and Dad joined us for the party...mom, just kept saying how cute our night was. (I have to say I agree with her!) We had such a great time cheering, eating, and cheering some more! The kids couldn't believe that our knight actually won the whole battle!!! (I planned for that to happen! J/K) This was so fun...the last time Rick and I were there was before we were married. When I came to visit him in Dallas he brought me to Medieval Times for one of our very first dates! My how time flies!
Happy Birthday Jordan and Cody! Thank you for letting our whole family celebrate your birthdays together! There is definately more to come on the birthdays....so stay tuned for the next post! Jordan was lucky and did get an "early" surprise from her miamaid class at church. On Saturday while I insisted on Jordan coming and helping me clean the car, a group of girls from church came and "heart attacked" her room. She came home and went up to her room and there were balloons all over her floor, treats on her bed, and signs all over her wall! Jordan was so excited and definately surprised!

2 comments:

Kristi Clinger said...

I want to go to that place. It looks like you had a great time.

Cyndi and Alyssa said...

I love it! That's where my new man took me on our first date! I made a collage and it's framed and in my room. I just did it this weekend and plan to put it on my blog soon... must be a sign!