Sunday, October 26, 2008

We're in NEW YORK!!!!

Rick had the opportunity to do some work in New York this week and I got to come with him. We arrived here today! Our plane ride was about 3 hours and as soon as we checked into the hotel we dropped off our luggage and headed to the city. (Our hotel is in Brooklyn). After having an interesting walk to the subway station from our hotel we headed to Battery Park to catch the ferry to Liberty Island. We were able to catch the last ferry to Liberty Island and see the Statue of Liberty. I had the opportunity to see the Statue of Liberty about 17 years ago, but this was just as cool! It was amazing! The New York skyline was also cool...a tour guide pointed out to us where the twin towers stood. Once we finished walking around Battery Park we headed to venture out to see the city. We walked down Broadway and came up onto "Wall Street." With the way the stock market is, this was a pretty cool place to be. We saw a bunch of people taking pictures next to a bull. We weren't sure what that meant until we came upon a small statue of a bull that said, "The Bull of Wall Street." I guess the idea behind that is a bull is strong which means the stock market will do good.....Not sure what happened????????We kept on walking and came up to Ground Zero! Oh my gosh, what a big area! The area is blocked off right now due to construction. We didn't get to go too close, but we plan on doing a tour while we are here. I hear it is a pretty amazing tour! After walking for what felt like forever, we finally came upon "Chinatown" and "Little Italy." Chinatown is where the shopping happens! I will say it is a little scary....people are everywhere and they are trying to sell just about everything. We were starving by this point and finally found a cute little restaurant our neighbor told us about. It was a little chilly outside, but we still decided to sit outside to eat and enjoy the scenery! Coming home was easier....we hopped right on the subway and made it back into Brooklyn. Again, it was the walk from the subway station to our hotel that was the scariest part of the night! At least I have a big, strong guy with me!!!! We are having a blast! More to come!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I'M SO JEALOUS!!!

Christine said...

I am so jealous! I absolutely love NYC!! Hope y'all have a great time!!

Cyndi and Alyssa said...

What a great trip! I have always wanted to go to New York! WOW!

Anonymous said...

Take me with you!! Take me with you!! I guess it's too late! I hope you have so much fun while your there!