Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween!!!!!!

Halloween is such a fun time of year!!! It gives me an excuse to dress up and be crazy!!!! This year Paige's fourth grade class has a Mad Science Lab. This is a big secret for the kids! The parents dress up as mad scientists and the kids get to come in and do fun "hands on" experiments! Can you guess which one is me???Paige had no idea I was even there. She went through the whole hour not knowing it was me behind the black wig and funky teeth! She did give me a few wierd looks though. Finally when she came to my station I went over and stood beside her. (I think I scared her at first) She kept turning away from me and moving over. Finally I bent down and gave her a hug and kiss. She yelled, "MOM!!!" It was great! We had a blast getting messy!!
Every year for Halloween I make a "buffet" type dinner. That way I don't have to worry about finding time for dinner and cleaning up the dinner dishes. I just set the food out on the table and the kids can eat as they want too! Jordan had a group of her friends over, so they just came and went. Some of our delicious treats are: Halloweenies, green slime, deviled eggs, broken bones, and witch warts. (A big thanks to mom for starting this tradition when I was little and making me my very own set of name tags for the food!)
The kids were so cute this year!! Jordan was Rosalee from the book Twilight, Paige was an old "granny", Chase was a gangster, and Cody was a policeman. (If you can believe it the police costume was my old dance costume!)

HELLO MR AND MRS INCREDIBLE!!! This year Rick and I were the INCREDIBLES!!!! You are probably asking how I talked Rick into dressing up with me??? Well, lets just say there was a little bit of begging, pleading and I owed him HUGE!!!! He is such a good sport! I am lucky to have a husband that will be crazy with me and have fun! Let me say.....he looked so good in his costume! Look at those legs!!!


I love Halloween and the chance it gives us for the whole family to get together. Donny is home for just a couple of weeks before heading back to Afghanistan, so we were so happy to spend Halloween with him... Mom, Dad, Kristi, and Davey also came to do some trick or treating with us!
This picture blows my mind. Here is the candy from Paige, Chase, and Cody....this doesn't even include Jordans candy! WE HAVE WAY TOO MUCH!!!! Thank goodness my kids won't sit and just eat candy all day...they are pretty good about pacing themselves. Last year Jordan still had her bag of Halloween candy stored in her room on Valentines Day. (I finally made her throw it away). For the past two days the kids have been re-organizing their candy and making "trades."Halloween was so fun.....I can't believe it is over and we are now heading into the holidays....AHHHH! It all goes by way too fast!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

WAY TOO FUN!!! Love the incredibles costumes!!! Think Shane and I can borrow those next year?

McCall said...

Yall look so cute!! Oh my gosh! I miss you guys so much! I cant wait to see you guys...I think soon! Love you give everyone a big hug and kiss from me!!!
McCall

mamapickle said...

Those Incredible's costumes are AWESOME! I don't know if Scott would ever get into tights like that. You definately get a prize!