Monday, May 10, 2010

My favorite things!!!

Yesterday was a great Mothers Day!!! I woke up to the smell of bacon cooking in the skillet! Rick made a yummy bacon and eggs breakfast for me and the kids! After church I got to come home and take a nap! Wahooooo!!! What mother doesn't love a Sunday nap?! Rick barbecued steak kabobs and made baked potatoes! We had a great dinner...In front of me were flowers and homemade cards from the kids (my favorite!) It was a great relaxing day, spent with Rick and the kids! Thank you to my awesome, loving, husband for taking this journey of parenthood with me! For helping me be a better mom! Thank you to my kids for making motherhood enjoyable, interesting, and so much fun! (most of the time :) I am truly blessed to have such good kids. My girls are so much fun! My most favorite time with them is our fun talks at bedtime!My boys make me laugh and smile! The other day I was driving home and as I pulled into the driveway, I stopped the car and thought about some of my favorite things!

Rick had mowed the lawn the night before and I couldn't believe how green the grass looked. I LOVE fresh cut grass! The roses in the front yard were blooming and they looked beautiful! The kids had cut some to take to their teachers, but there were a few left to enjoy. This rose bush is awesome and has a story behind it! After Katie died 11 years ago a dear friend gave me a small pink rose bush. I planted it right in front of the house. I had no idea this tiny little rose bush would grow and grow and grow. Almost to the point it started to overflow into the walk way. Well, when we moved, the thought of leaving my rose bush behind made me very sad...so.....we dug it up and moved it to our new house. The first year or so, I wasn't sure it was going to make it. We gave it quite a shock by moving it....but as you can see, it is doing very well, and blooms the most beautiful and best smelling roses!

I also tried something new this year....SNAPDRAGONS. I'm not sure if they will last long, but on that particular day, they looked great!
And one of my new favorite things are my GEL TOES! Don't they look fabulous. I feel like a little girl....I catch myself admiring my toes all the time. In the sunlight they sparkle and in the dark they shine. I love them!!! Thanks Kendra!!!! I can't wait to try more colors!!This mothers day, I have noticed the small and simple things that make me so happy. I feel very lucky to live in a home with beautiful flowers, green grass, to be able to feel pretty with pretty toes, my homemade corsage, and most of all I feel very lucky to have four healthy children and a husband who loves me NO MATTER WHAT!
I hope all of you mom's had a great day! As my friend Aprille would say, "YOU TOTALLY DESERVE IT!"

1 comment:

apentrev said...

Loved the pics with your kids, loved hearing about the small and simple things, so and it's so totally true....you totally deserve it, love you girl, thanks for being such an awesome mom and friend!! =)