Thursday, May 6, 2010

A GREAT Day!

It is 9:00 in the morning and the day has already been a great one! To celebrate Mothers Day, Cody's first grade class provided their mom's with a breakfast and readers theatre. Cody and I had arrived in his classroom and I had to find which desk was his. He was sure I would know right away because he drew a picture of me and placed it front and center on the desk. We walked around the entire classroom and nothing stood out to me. Cody said, "Mrs. Gahan said we could walk around three times." I finally figured it out when he walked straight to a certain desk and looked up at me. "This is me! I said." Cody was so proud I "guessed" which desk was his. (it had nothing to do with his helpful hints.) Check out my picture...looks just like me don't ya think? :)Cody sat on my lap and I got to look through some things he wrote about me. My favorite was:
Cody's definition of "what is a mother?"....
Cody's response: "A mom is someone who taks you to school and tuks you in bed. and she taks me playsis she loves me a lot."
The class then read the book, Love You Forever. Okay - I cried! Not only is it a great story, but here I was, watching my baby read to me and right then and there, I realized my baby is growing up....sad moment for me! The kids did a great job and took a bow proudly! After the story and all the moms dried their eyes, the kids served us breakfast. Yummy fruit and muffins! Cody gave me a corsage to wear and a beautiful flower to plant! It was a great morning with my little Cody!

2 comments:

apentrev said...

ooooo crap, if koebe read that book to me, i would have cried my eyes out too!! What a fun experience for you, glad you could have that with your little man. =)

Kristi Clinger said...

I was in tears just reading your feelings of it all. I can't believe how big they're(your baby and my oldest) getting.