Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Joys of Being a Mommy!

As I sat up last night waiting for a phone call from my sister, I noticed Chase had come down and gone into the bathroom. I heard a noise like someone had filled up a bucket and dumped it into the toilet....I heard it a second time. "Chase, are you okay?" I got up walked into the bathroom and the poor guy was huddled over the toilet. I managed to clean up that mess and get him upstairs. I pulled out some sheets and a blanket and made him a bed on the big couch. I wanted to make sure he was okay, so I laid down on the other couch. (the smaller one :) about 10 minutes went by and we were in the bathroom again. I went downstairs, cleaned out his bowl, cleaned the toilet with lysol and tucked him back into bed. About 10 minutes later - we repeated the whole process....I got him laid back down and things were looking up. I had just started to dose off when I heard someone in the bathroom and heard the bucket sound again! I looked at the couch and Chase was sleeping, so I got up and...poor Paige was huddled over the toilet! I had her jump in the shower, cleaned the toilet again, got her some clean clothes, grabbed her a bowl and tucked her into bed. Got myself cumfy on the couch and 10 minutes later Chase was up again. We rushed into the bathroom, but we weren't quick enough. He got in the shower, I grabbed him some clean clothes, rinsed out what made it into his bowl, cleaned the toilet, and got him back into bed. Let's just say for the next 4 hours my routine was....get laid down, 10 minutes later one kid would throw up. Just get laid down, the other one would throw up. WOW!!!!! I was SO tired of throw up!!!! And physically exhausted!

What did I learn??? I LOVE MY KIDS A LOT! I HATE TO SEE THEM SICK! I NEED TWO BIG COUCHES UPSTAIRS! FOR THE MOST PART, MY KIDS HAVE GREAT AIM! (they made the bucket almost everytime :) I LOVE BEING A MOM...THROW UP AND ALL!

No comments: