Friday, April 2, 2010

April Fools Joke!!!!

Yesterday Jordan woke up and was certain I was going to play a trick on her. She said she carefully walked down the stairs, turned on all the lights and looked around every corner. Little did she know, I was sound asleep in my bed!! On our way to seminary, she mentioned she was surprised I didn't pull an April Fools joke on her....this got me thiking! I didn't want to disappoint, so I thought and thought!!! Then it came to me!!!!! The kids LOVE cakeballs!!! They have been good and I figured they deserved a yummy dessert. They would be so excited to have cakeballs after dinner! I am their mom afterall and want only for them to be happy!! I love to see their smiling faces. So cakeballs it was.....OR WAS IT????? Here is how I made them:
First, make sure I had my main ingredientNext I needed to make sure they were in balls.Finally, dip them into chocolate and put some yummy sprinkles on them! All ready!!!The kids came home from school, saw the "cakeballs" and could hardly wait to eat them.
I got some great footage....Jordan was the first to pop one in her mouth. Chase had one in his mouth, but before he could take a bite, he heard Jordan scream...."what is this????" He popped his out of his mouth so fast! Paige and Cody had theirs up to their lips and once they saw Jordan spit hers out, they tossed theirs back onto the plate. IT WAS GREAT!!! I could hardly stop laughing! They totally fell for it!! ha, ha, ha!!! I did feel a little bad about spoiling their dreams of cakeballs, so I had some chocolate dipped strawberries for them and their favorite... cookie dough ice cream to make up for it! Now let's see.....what can I come up with for next year????