Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy Birthday to MOM!

Last Sunday was moms 61st birthday!!! To look at her you would never know it!! Not a gray hair in sight! :) Her birthday was on Sunday, so we all went over to celebrate. One thing she has been wanting to do with the kids is have them watch the Ten Commandments with her. We decided that since it was her birthday the kids would have to do whatever she wanted, so that would be the perfect day to watch it! (They will do anything to make grandma happy!)
Mom of course made it super fun for them. When we arrived, she had a scavenger hunt ready for them. There were different clues made referring to each one of the ten commandments. For example: the clue might say something like, Honor your father and mother....look for your clue, but first give your mom lots of hugs. The clue just happened to be on me! :) Her clues were awesome and even stumped me a couple of times, but the kids were so good at figuring them out! And super fast too! I think there was probably only one of them they had to actually think really hard on. (they know their grandma so well :) There was a little prize for them at the very end! My mom is SO CREATIVE!!! The kids had a great time, and this got them excited and ready for the movie. (I'm not sure they knew it was 4 hours long :)
After the scavenger hunt we had dad's awesome Sunday Dinner, and had some birthday cake. Mom requested SKOR CAKE! I didn't have my usual recipe, so I found a different one, and it was soooooo good!
Dad bought mom an AWESOME birthday balloon...perfect for pictures :) :) :) Mom was getting ready to make her wish and dad was sitting next to her. I couldn't help but take some pictures of them....could they be any cuter!!!I'm not sure if mom wished for a birthday kiss, or just figured she better steal one!!Last year mom was in London for her birthday. I know she had a great trip and probably wishes she was there for every birthday to come. BUT - I'm so glad I was able to spend this birthday with her! Dinner, cake, family, and the Ten Commandments.....could it get any better? :) The kids actually quite enjoyed the movie. I figured within the first 10 minutes they would all be sacked out on the floor taking their Sunday naps, but nope....everyone one of them was wide awake when the lights went on at intermission. We all took another round of cake, a bit of ice cream, and whatever other snacks we needed and settled down for the second half. The kids were actually pretty involved in the movie. They would never admit it, but I know they liked it! It's one of those movies that's good to watch once a year at this time.
Thanks mom for having a birthday and spending it with us! I'm so glad this year you were home to celebrate! I love you!

No comments: