Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow In Texas!!!

Who would ever believe we got almost a foot of snow!!! It was AWESOME!!! I think they said this is the most snow ever! We all knew some kind of winter weather was coming, but never knew it would be what it was. Thursday morning all the kids woke up hoping to see snow. Jordan woke up for seminary and as we left, the streets were bone dry. Absolutely nothing! She went into seminary at 5:45, I settled in the backseat for a little snooze, and when I got up to climb into the driver seat, I couldn't even see out the window. The snow had covered my window and was coming down in huge snowflakes. The kids were so excited thinking they wouldn't have school, but nope - off to school they all went. Rick stayed home that morning, but figured he better head into work. He was smart and came home early because the snow was suppose to get worse as the day went on. This is what the first batch of snow looked like. The kids had a full day of school, but before dimissal they announced school was cancelled for Friday! They were so excited when they got home. The were in the house for about a minute before they pulled out all the winter gear. It literally had snowed the whole day! Paige went off with a friend to a hill nearby. Looking at the pictures you would think she was in the mountains somewhere. Paige and some friends had a snowboard they used as a sled. They had a great time!
She had a blast relaxing on the tube, sliding down the hill!
Chase, Cody, and their buddy Colton were bound and determined to make a great big fort. I think they did a pretty good job! They were ready for a big snowball fight! The snow really started coming down and the kids were loving it. Cody was so excited it was snowing! He was the first one to throw on his clothes and head out the door! He was taking in every bit of the snow....even tasting it! He reminded me of the little boy in the Christmas Story who stuck his tongue to the pole!I really think Cody would have slept in his fort if I would have let him. The boys stayed out until it was dark. I couldn't believe it! When the time came for them to come in, they didn't realize they were absolutely frozen. I felt so bad for them. They took off their clothes and their little legs were bright red. SO - I offered them a hot tub!!! The best around!!! My bath-tub! They were all over that! They put their swimsuits on (since their buddy was with them) and we filled it full of hot water and bubbles. They jumped right in!They stayed in there for about an hour! They loved it! That night at about 10:00 the snow was still coming down. So Jordan and I ran out and played a little!!We couldn't believe how white it was outside. I opened all the windows and just watched for awhile! When we woke up, this is what we saw!!!SNOW EVERYWHERE!!! Even the streets were covered! Everyone was home, and as soon as the kids woke up, they were ready to head back out again. This time it was my turn to join in the fun! I got to play, build a snowman, and have a snowball fight. Rick and Cody went to work! Cody was so sweet, he went into the garage and grabbed a broom to wipe off all the snow from Ricks car. And Rick was busy shoveling snow, so I could get my car in and out of the garage! (yes, here in Texas we have to use a garden shovel...sad I know :)The kids bundled up again, with more layers on this time. We could hardly see Chase he had so many layers on. Paige was busy at work building her snowman! A mighty fine snowman if you ask me. And tasty too!The neighbors across the street built an awesome snowman too...so we had to steal it for some pictures! Again, the kids stayed out in the snow for most of the day! What a fun couple of days!

No comments: