Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

New Years Eve is always a fun night of games, food, laughter, more games, and MORE FOOD! We definitely had all three of those! I decided we would have a big Bunko game. We had such a good time playing, even the kids got involved! Wouldn't you know who got one of the first Bunkos!!! I'll give you a hint....he is wearing the orange hat! Sometimes the game even got a little serious! Another favorite of the night was spoons. Now this game has proven to get a little ugly and aggressive! But we wouldn't have it any other way. I have some great video of bodies flying over the table, adults stealing spoons from small children, and battles of who was stronger! In the end one came out the winner! Shane deserves the golden spoon!
The kids had a great time playing another favorite...Ligretto! Of course in between the games we would take food breaks to refuel! While we refueled, Jordan was busy getting ready for her New Years Eve dance at the church. I definitely had mixed feelings about this. This would be the first time EVER that she would not be with us on New Years. Trying to handle it...I helped her get ready and do her hair. Should I feel bad she was so excited to go and be with her friends?? Can you tell, I'm trying to handle it. :) Jordan looked beautiful. Once again, it just reminded me of how fast she is growing up! Before I drove her to the church, I insisted on New Year Family photos! I think she took a picture with everyone in the entire house! Jordan had a great time at the dance and even got some pictures of her and her friends while she was there. They are all so beautiful! I am so glad she has such good friends!
Back at Grandmas house we waited for the clock to strike midnight and got everything ready....pots and pans and more importantly our "special drink." (that is what the kids call it. Actually sparkling grape juice!) As the clock stroke midnight we all headed out and in our celebrating fashion....banged those pots and pans as loud as we could...just to make sure everyone heard us. Then hurried inside for our toast and New Year wishes. The cousins had such a great time together. Not a one of them was even tired! As I stood there looking at my family, again I was reminded one was missing....yes I cried! I know, I'm a baby. What in the world am I going to do when my kids go off to college or on missions??? I did get to talk to Jordan on the phone, so that made me feel a little better.
We hope all of our friends and loved ones have a very happy and healthy New Year!
Looking at this new year, I feel blessed to have a family, a husband, employment, a house to live in, cars to drive, and food to eat. There are so many in the world suffering or living on much less than what we have. We are very blessed. The picture above are the "reserved" Petersons! This is how we REALLY are!!!!I am looking forward to a wonderful new year!

No comments: