Saturday, January 2, 2010

AC.....(After Christmas)

The day after Christmas was a special one! My nephew Parker got baptized. We started the day at the church for the baptism. It was a very special day and I'm so glad he made the trip from California to be baptized here in Texas! It was a nice family baptism! Almost everyone in the family participated. I loved it!
To celebrate, Grandma and Grandpa decided to take us all to the Gaylord Texan and see the exhibit....ICE!!!! We had a BLAST!!!!
We stood in line and they gave each of us huge blue parkas to wear! They said it would get cold, but I had no idea how cold it would get. Let me tell you.....it was COLD!!!! Donny's girlfriend, Sarah flew in on Christmas night to stay for a week. It was super fun to get to know her. She is great for Donny. We had a great time getting to know her! We are looking forward to spending a lot more time with her in the future. :)One of our favorite things was the slide. (both for kids and adults) I took a turn down the slide....I can't say I have ever riden down an ice slide before!
Mom and dad had a great time! Dad even took a spin down the slide!The exhibit was so amazing. If I didn't know everything was ice, I wouldn't believe it! Another favorite spot was at the end...we felt like we were in an ice cave!Kristen and I were having fun getting to know Sarah better! After we warmed up, we decided to walk around the hotel a little. The hotel is absolutely AMAZING!!! It was hard not to take a picture in every spot! There were bridges, fountains, tons of lights, train tracks....AMAZING! I'll have to try and talk Rick into taking me there sometime for a special occasion!!! :)The night ended with Chase getting an awesome present from Grandma and Grandpa! His Disney Scrapbook! It's been a long time coming, and he was so excited to finally have it! Looking through it brought back so many fun memories! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

No comments: