Thursday, December 31, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a WHITE CHRISTMAS!!

Ask and ye shall recieve!!!!! The kids were excited to be in Texas for Christmas, but missed being in New Mexico because the chance for a white Christmas was a bit highter if we were there. BUT..... Look what happened on Christmas Eve DAY!!!! We couldn't believe it! We opened the front door at Grandma and Grandpa's house and look what we saw. SNOW!!! Who would have thought!!! The kids were so excited for a couple of reasons....number 1 - it was snowing!! number 2 - we would have a white Christmas!! And number 3 - they couldn't wait to play in it! Rick, Shane, Cody, and Parker were the first ones out! They started a snowball fight in no time! Paige was next to join the fun, but as soon as she stepped out of the door, Uncle Shane took hold of her :) She was laughing the whole time....wondering if she would get thrown into the snow or not! Everyone looked like they were having so much fun - I joined in. But I was still in my workout shorts....not a good idea! Of course my loving husband grabbed a hold of me and tried to get me into the snow....(yes, that is me practically folded in half)I put up a good fight - and eventually broke free. (Actually - he probably let me break free...very smart on his end :) We were so excited we would have a White Christmas! Now we can't ever say......IT NEVER SNOWS FOR CHRISTMAS IN TEXAS!

The rest of the day was very relaxing! Rick enjoyed a nap on the couch! Paige and Jordan enjoyed playing the piano together. Chase got in a little computer time. The kids enjoyed a few card games with Uncle Donny.Cody - well, he just wanted to stay out in the snow all day!
Throughout the day, the grown ups (or should I say ladies) were working on the FEAST we have on Christmas Eve!

No comments: