Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Gift That Keeps on Giving!!

My cousin Davey and his wife Kristi gave the kids some hermit crabs for Christmas. What perfect timing!!!! I was working the science sale at school last week, and we were selling hermit crabs. Cody wanted one so bad, but I kept saying no! My cousin Davey had asked me awhile ago if he could give the kids his hermit crabs....SO - that was their Christmas gift. The kids were SO excited. They have been so cute with them - checking on them everyday, making sure their little home is all set up and checking to make sure they have plenty of food and water. The Crabs names are Sharkey, Hulk, and Claudia. (You can probably figure out who is who by their shells.) Last night while the kids were playing with them, Sharkey and Hulk were coming out of their shells so much the kids thought for sure they were going to climb out. They wanted to head immediately to the pet store to buy new shells for them to climb into. I told them they would have to wait a day - so tonight we headed to the pet store to buy new shells. The new shells we have look so huge! But the guy at the pet store assured me, these were the right size. The kids are so excited - they want to watch the crabs every second to see if they will find themselves a new home. Cody was so cute - he was watching the crabs and they hadn't moved in awhile. He said, "They aren't going to come out until night time because they are fraternal." I tried not to laugh out loud, and had to just hide my face in my hands. Sharkey seems to like this particular shell - maybe this will be his new home???? Tonight while I was taking pictures of the kids, I asked them to hold up the crabs. Nobody wanted to hold them in fear that they would fall out of their shells. (They seem to come out pretty far when you lift them up.) Jordan grabbed one, and just as I went to take the picture, Sharkey came farther and farther out....you can tell from the look on the kids faces - they were pretty worried that would be the end of Sharkey!! I love this picture...Paige and Cody's faces are priceless!!!!

Another infactuation at our house over the past few days has been Cody and his snowflakes. This little guy has gone snowflake crazy!!! He is amazed at what each and every snowflake will look like once he opens them up. He has made about forty of them and has saved them all. He got himself a little folder to put them all in. I love that he is enjoying his creative side! And I love all the tiny pieces of white paper everywhere even more! :)

No comments: