Thursday, December 24, 2009

BC......(Before Christmas)

At this time of year, I find that there is much that goes on around my house. Which means, I tend to get a little behind on my blogging :( So....this is called the "BC" segment. (Before Christmas)
School ended this year with a bang. The kids had multiple parties. Actually, I think - the last week was way too much fun for them. Playing games, watching movies, and the best part eating snacks!! Cody had a special program for us to go to. He wrote the cutest invitation and invited Grandma to come too! His class read, "Twas The Night Before Christmas!" Cody was a reader and a "prop". He did a great job!
Paige was the cutest little elf in school. She has worn this costume ever since Kindergarten. This year she went to put on her costume and realized it had gotten a little snug. She came to me and said, "Mom, I really need to have a new elf costume. Can we please make me a new one." I would have thought she would grow out of wanting to wear the elf costume by now, but I'm so glad she hasn't! A good friend of mine sewed her a new costume and Paige was exstatic! Everyone at school loved her outfit - and I love that we have our own personal elf at our house.
We also had sweet Maddie over. We love our time with her...she is getting so big and fun. The kids just love her. If you didn't know better, you would think she was part of our family. We just consider her the kids adopted little sister! Baking is a must at Christmas time. Of course sugar cookies need to be made. I was baking cookies for the primary children at church and the boys decided they wanted in on the fun. They put their aprons on and took over. Yes, there was a little more flour on the floor and on faces than normal, but we had a great time! >When it was all said and done, they were a little bummed all the cookies weren't for them. I assured them, there was more baking to be done!:)
Every year, I try to gather the kids and make time to get pictures taken with Santa. Some of the kids are outgrowing it, BUT - once they see him and sit on his lap, they are glad they shared their wants with the BIG GUY! The kids are good sports to humor their mother!

JORDANS IDEA OF A CHRISTMAS PRESENT!!
Jordan has a good friend that she really wanted to give a Christmas present too! This was no ordinary present. For some reason she thought Brayden WANTED a yummy pie for Christmas. She had been planning this for months, and with the help of his family (who was totally on board), she accomplished her goal! A PIE IN THE FACE! We went to his house, and while I persuaded him that I needed help with something in my car, Jordan was hiding behind a pillar just waiting for the attack. Poor guy, never saw it coming!!Brayden was a good sport. But remember Jordan......paybacks!!!
The weekend ended with Jordan having some friends over for a little chimnea and smore party. As Cody puts it....."I got a hunch its gonna be a nice, nice, Christmas!"

No comments: