Sunday, November 15, 2009

Talent, Politics, and Fun!

Life is good!!! Things are very busy between church, sports, school activities, and everyday happenings - but I look at all of this and feel very lucky. I look at the kids and see all that they are involved in and sometimes I think...wouldn't it be nice if we just didn't have so much going on??? But then I look at all that they do, the people they influence, how they have grown, and experiences they are able to have and I love it! My cute Cody is growing so much everyday. Now that he is in first grade, I can tell his mind is moving a mile a minute. He has so many questions, comments, and thoughts he loves to share with us everyday. His personality is even more "VIBRANT" than before. He is so creative! His new love are his roller blades...if he is moving, he has his roller blades on. In the house, out of the house, and everywhere else. He has gotten super fast and really good at turning and stopping. He generally just zooms right by me in the kitchen...Cody also has continued with his soccer - he is such a heads up player, cautious, but a great player. Its funny how my boys are very competitive with each other, but not so much on the playing field. They do their job on the field and are quiet about it. Chase had the opportunity to take part in the "kids council" with his third grade class. They went on a field trip downtown McKinney and do a mock city council meeting. Chase was chosen to present a plan to the council. He did a great job. With all the rain we had this fall, baseball games were a little crazy....some weeks we had one game, some weeks no games, and other weeks we played three games. Chase did a great job! He played second base, outfield, and tried third base. He even got to pitch in one game and did awesome!!! He struck two kids out! Pretty good for never pitching before! Chase loved playing baseball...he had taken a little break from it for a couple of seasons. I think having his good buddy Colton on the team made it even more fun for him. This year in fifth grade they are trying student council for the first time....Paige decided she wanted to run for Historian...her poster was so cute! Her slogan was, "PIC" Paige!!! We find out this week....keep your fingers crossed. Paige was also recognized this past week for being a great leader in fifth grade. There were 2 students picked in her class that showed qualities of a good leader. She was recognized at an assembly they had where the Mayor came and spoke to the kids. This is a picture of Paige and the Mayor of McKinney. Paige also finished another painting...I love this one. I think this is another one of my favorites!Last weekend was our ward Talent Show. The young women did a really cute song about being yourself. Jordan was a great sport and dressed up for the song...check out her hair! How did they get her hair to do that??? She has plastic cups in each ponytail to make it stick up like that! CRAZY! Rick and I were also in the talent show...I know - can you believe it....some friends of mine talked our husbands into doing the talent show and we came up with doing synchronized swimming....not to brag, but we did AWESOME! The guys are what made it...they did great!wow - look at those legs go!We even got them to do a lift at the end of the song! AMAZING! It was a blast....Rick I owe you big time, thanks for being such a good sport!Rick and I have found some time to spend with each other and good friends...our friend heated up his hot tub and even his pool.....nope, I didn't get in...it was still too cold for me! I didn't realize there were that many of us in the hot tub!
As crazy has life has been over the past few weeks, I look at it all and am grateful for the opportunities and fun memories made!

No comments: