Tuesday, October 20, 2009

1st Choir Concert at Boyd!

Tonight was the first of many choir concerts at Boyd for Jordan. It was a bit long, but the choirs were all very good. Rick and I had to divide and conquer tonight. All but Chase went to the concert...luckily Jordan was the first one to sing, then Rick and the other kids left to head over to Chase's baseball game. Since we had so much rain, the games are getting rescheduled - which means we have almost one game a night.
One great advantage of the concerts at the high school is that there is plenty of seats for everyone. And really in that auditorium - there isn't a bad seat. We got there a bit early, so I was able to take some pictures of Jordan and her friends before the show got started. Jordan is so funny....she doesn't really "LOVE" the choir dresses, but I think they look great on the kids. Jordan is very lucky to be blessed with lots of good friends in choir. I'm sure that makes it much more fun! Jordan had called and invited dad to the concert. Mom and dad are always so good about supporting the kids in their activities. Mom is still in Colorado, so dad is still flying solo! BUT - he was sure to make it tonight to support Jordan. Afterwards the three of us headed over to Dairy Queen for some yummy desserts...isn't that what you are suppose to do after a concert???? I love this picture of the two of them. We had a great time talking and laughing...mostly at Jordan! She can be so funny!! We were the only one's in the restaurant - in fact they were pretty much sweeping and mopping around us. When we went outside to leave, Jordan turned on the car and turned up the tunes. (Heaven forbid we be next to or in the car and not have the radio on :) One of her favorite songs came on, so she started showing us a dance she had made up. Well, I joined her in the dancing....she was pretty embarrassed, but I was informed it was okay, since she didn't know anybody around us. It was so funny because the workers in Dairy Queen were just staring out the window watching us. By this time Jordan was hiding in the car, dad was laughing histerically, and I was dancing for the world to see!!!! We had a great time!!! Once we got home, it was already 10:30 - but like all teenagers, Jordan wasn't concerned about the homework she still had to do. It was her outfit for the next day she was worried about. Apparantly she will be meeting a friend in the morning that has a cute "guy" friend - so she needed to look cute! You can imagine my surprise when she came out of my room with a shirt of mine asking if she could wear it! Does this mean I have "some" cool clothes?? Yeah for me!! Then again...I have noticed lately a lot of things missing...hair brush, mascara, socks...and the list goes on! There is definately a teenager in the house. I kind of feel like I am back in high school having to share everything with my sisters. It's AWESOME! Today was a bit of a crazy day...Thanks Rick for helping drive kids all over tonight. Thanks Jordan and dad for a fun night out! It was a good night...I'm enjoying the feeling of "coolness" right now from my teenage daughter. I better enjoy it now, because I'm not sure the cool factor will last for long. You never know from day to day :)

No comments: