Friday, January 23, 2009

WHO ARE THOSE THAT SURROUND YOU?

"Every friend is like a snowflake, unique in beauty and design. Each sparkels in a diffrent way-some are playful, some refined. But, unlike fragile snowflakes that fade when the sun appears, friends grow even more beautiful with every passing year."

Throughout my life I have had many friends, many that were amazing and wonderful friends and some who I thought were my friends and later realized were NOT. As I get older I realize things don't need to be so complicated or atleast shouldn't be. Having a teenage daughter we have had the conversation many times about the importance of choosing good friends. Our good friend "Webster" defines friend as: a person you know well and regard with affection and trust; one who provides cooperation or assistance, a supporter. I truely believe that those who surround us can have a great impact on the person we are or will become. I have blogged many times about the amazing group of friends that I have. Tonight we had a wonderful dinner that my great friends Nissa-Lynn and Wendy put together. As I sat surrounded by this amazing group of ladies I realized that I am truely blessed. I am surrounded by strong members of the church, women that each in their own way inspire me, wonderful wives and mothers, women of great compassion, kindness, and love. I am blessed to call them my friends and lucky to be surrounded by women like that. Tonight we had a fabulous inspirational talk (thanks Nissa's mom!) She urged us to be confident, look at how wonderful we each are, be happy, be positive. To all "my girls"....I would say you are awesome! It is an absolute honor to be surrounded by you. I love that we are all different in our own way. We all have our own struggles, ups, and downs, and we all have our own lives that tend to keep us busy. BUT....I know that if I ever needed ANYTHING I could call on my girls to help me out. For that I say, THANK YOU! I look forward to everytime we are able to get together because I know I will walk away with a smile on my face and feel re-energized. I am a better person because of you, a better mom because of you, and a better friend because of you. Thank you for your examples! Tonight was so fun...to get caught up on everyone's lives...and Tiare, to meet little Ben. What a sweetheart! I love each of you for who you are and all that you teach me. I love that we are like snowflakes in that we are all different. That is what makes us so great together! And I know that because of the great friendships we have we will continue to grow with each other.Nissa-Lynn and Wendy thank you for a great evening....you must have been inspired because I needed to hear everything that was said tonight! Wendy - the food was fabulous and like always - Nissa you go the extra mile to add that extra special touch.

4 comments:

-Melissa- said...

I love that friendship quote! I agree we all need good friends. I'm grateful for good friends who support me and like me for who I am. Sounds like you had a wonderful evening with your friends.

McCall said...

I love that! Kari I love you and you are an amazing example to me. Tell everyone hello and that I love you all so much and miss you!
McCall

Wendy said...

Ahhhhh, that was so nice to read. You are such a great friend and so much fun too. We really are so lucky to have such a great group of friends!

Nissa-Lynn said...

Ok...bring tears to my eyes..that was a beautiful post...can I copy it for my blog? You are amazing Kari! I"m so glad you stayed around a little longer after dinner...it was so wonderful talking with you! Love Ya!