Sunday, June 29, 2008

What a STUD!

Yesterday we had the opportunity to head to the lake again....WE LOVE IT!
My dad was able to come with us this time. Now my dad being a "little" older comes from the days of 2 water skiis and if you were really good, the cool thing to do was slolom??? (not sure how to spell that) He decided he wanted to see what this "wakeboarding" thing was all about. He stepped on the boat and let us all know that he still had it and was going to try it out! Yes I was a little nervous for him. After all he isn't a young buck anymore! But wow! Here my dad is 62 years old, two complete knee replacements and on his second try he was up and running!Dad, you definately earned bragging rights!!! You are a stud! You moved that wakeboard like you had done it a million times before! You are awesome! Thanks for spending the day with us - your the best!
Rick picked up a pair of wake skiis....these are about 3 to 4 feet long and about 12 inches wide...they looked so funny, but he did awesome! I guess once you get really good on them, you can do really cool tricks....he looked great - moving across those wakes like a pro! Let's see those back flips next time honey!

4 comments:

hoLLy said...

you're dad is definitely a stud! that is quite impressive i must say. and i think you spell that word "slalom" i'm sort of a spelling nut. its my only talent in life:)

k.young said...

How fun! Your dad is so fun! And I love the patriotic background. It is perfect!

McCall said...

This day I will never forget! It was so fun!

Jennalee said...

I'm totally jealous...:) I have fond memories of my aunts floating along side me to keep me steady so I could get up to ski :) love it!! I'll have to share my wake boarding experience w/ you later..much later...

hey, I need some pics from you! jennaleer at G mail ...mail me will ya?