Friday, June 20, 2008

Girls Camp!

What was I doing for the past week???? I was at our church girls camp! We took 26 of the girls in our ward to Red Rock Canyon in Oklahoma. What a beautiful place! We were surrounded by trees and "Red Rocks" of course! It took us about 4 1/2 hours to get there, but it was worth it. We stayed in cute little A frame cabins with bunkbeds...or atleast the girls did....the leaders roughed it in tents on cots. We got rain just about everyday, but also got the hot sun as well. It was nice because it cooled down in the evening. a
We took the girls on a hike and saw the most beautiful flowers along the way. My favorite part of the hike was when we stopped and sat on the rocks and just listened to the sounds around us. It was awesome!
Our ward color was orange, so we came up with the theme "You can do it, He will help." We copied the home depot logo a bit, but we definately embraced the orange and ran with it! The first night there we did our skit! Even the leaders had a part! There was a lot of fun and yes, even a little work for the girls to do. Every day they had a different "camp caper." From kitchen duty to scrubbing the bathroom...they loved it!



I am so glad I have the opportunity to go to girls camp. Eventhough I get absolutely no sleep, I learn so much from the girls...they are so awesome and are spiritual giants! I love going and spending the time with Jordan.
a
Lucky for me, one of my good buddies, Nissa Lynn was there with her ward also. We had fun seeing each other throughout the day. Camp was great! My favorite part was the last night at testimony meeting! That is what makes it all worth it. I grow closer to the girls and learn a lot about myself as well. I loved hearing Jordan bear her testimony. There is just something about sitting outside - out among the trees and feeling the spirit! I loved it!



TIME FOR RELAXING AT THE LAKE!!!
So after being gone for a week - I needed some bonding time with the fam! My uncle recently moved here and lucky for us he has a boat! My cousins who I haven't seen in almost 10 years are here visiting also. It was great to see them! We love being on the water and cruising around. We went out and bought the three little kids new life jackets. It was so cute...they came home from the store wearing them, they wore them in the car on the way to the lake, and wore them again on the way home. I'm glad they like them!
Cody was as happy as could be just riding in the boat. Rick and I forced him a little to ride in the tube. He won't admit it, but once he was on the tube he secretly liked it. How could he not??? We were going a nice pace at a whopping 5 mph!

The tube was huge and had a nice hole in the middle for Cody to stand in...I was sure to keep my weight in the back, so we wouldn't tip....
Jordan decided she wanted to try wakeboarding. This was her first time trying it, and she did awesome!!! Getting up was no problem for her! She even rode out and over the wake! I am so proud of her for being willing to try it and working so hard. She didn't want to come in....she just kept trying and getting up over and over again! I'm sure she will master it in no time! Great job, babe!

Once Chase watched, he decided he wanted to try it. We got him all strapped up in the boots and lifted him into the water..AND....he changed his mind. I think since the board was so heavy he got a little nervous and thought he was going to sink...he decided he would maybe try next time.

Chase had a great time on the tube with my cousin Austin! They didn't go too fast, but did get a little air every now and then. Chase's favorite part was probably swimming in the lake and throwing the football with Austin!

Paige was a little timid to get on the tube. (She had a bad experience last summer. She was drug under water as the tube fell forward.) We assured her that wouldn't happen and put Rick on with her, so there was weight in the back. She was all about a leisure ride and not wanting to catch much air. Of course, Rick wasn't going to let her get away with that!

We had a great time! Thanks Ron for taking us out. It was much needed family time!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

I love girls camp! I am always so sad when a year goes by that I don't get to go! I have some of the best memories and have felt the spirit the strongest while at girls camp. I am glad that you and Nissa Lynn had fun!

Tom and Audrie said...

Sounds like lots of fun!!!

mamapickle said...

Looks like girls camp was a success! I love all the orange!

hoLLy said...

looks like a fun girls camp! and how fun to have a relative with a boat nearby. we have no one with a boat around here. i need to chum it up more with nicole:) he he. oh, either that, or have joey make more mula.

k.young said...

I love girls camp! How fun that you got to go. And even more fun that Jordan was there!! Looks like a blast.
And how fun to get to play on the lake for a day??!!

Jennalee said...

YAY! we made it! hee hee...hey! you have to give up the pics! I want some of the "More Cowbell" incident pictures for my photo essay...I'm glad you got away, we did too...see you Sunday? or are you gone?

J-RO