Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday Night!

Okay, it has been awhile...wow how time flies. I have a little bit of an excuse though....my computer has officially stopped working. We have had a few episodes over the past few years and months, however; Rick has always seemed to beable to revive it. But I think this time it is gone for good. So I have resorted to working from the spare lap top, which I am getting used to. I realize I am very behind on my entries, and I do have a lot to write about, but I need to skip that for now and write about tonight!

We had the missionaries over for dinner tonight. Elder Wood and Elder Moli. They are so awesome! The kids have been asking when we could have the missionaries over for dinner, so when I saw them sitting on the couch a couple of Sundays ago filling out their calendar - I took the opportunity and put us down for dinner.

The kids warmed up to them immediately. They are so fun to be around. They just have that fun, loving spirit about them. We have a tradition in our family that whenever we have the missionaries over we play the memory game "I Spy". AND we usually have Pazookies for dessert. When the kids told the missionaries what we were having for dessert, Elder Moli yelled out.....pazookies!!! He is the only person we have known that knew what they were. We had a great dinner, then moved into the family room for a lesson they prepared. It was perfect! We started with playing a "how well do you know your partner game." We all paired off and had to answer questions about our partner. Then the Elders talked about family and how important families are. I loved how they talked directly to the kids. They reminded them how they need to love each other, help each other out, be best friends with each other. What a great message! We followed our message up with a game of "I Spy". Paige, as usual kicked everyone's tails.... then into the kitchen for dessert! Elder Moli also played some songs for us on the piano.

What a great night! I am reminded why it is so important to have the missionaries into my home. My kids loved it! When the missionaries left, Chase sat down to the piano and pretended to play...(he never does that!) Jordan thought about friends maybe she could invite next time they come. Paige and I had a great conversation when I tucked her into bed. And Cody, just wants them to come back very soon!!! The feeling that was in my home was awesome....tonight I realized even more than before that I need the missionaries in my home, so my boys can see what they have to look forward to as missionaries. I could tell my boys look up to the missionaries! Some of my kids favorite family nights are when we have the missionaries over. They were remembering stories of times we had the missionaries over that I had totally forgotten about.

I love the churh for so many reasons....but tonight I am especially grateful for the missionaries and the closeness that we felt as a family having them here with us!

No comments: