Thursday, March 18, 2010

Let Me Count the Ways!

How can I even begin to count how very lucky and grateful I am for my friends, family, and especially my sweet husband! There are occasions that come along that remind you how lucky you are. My birthday was last Friday and I was reminded how very lucky I am. I was able to start my day at the gym. At the ripe old age of "35" I am grateful to be healthy. Grateful to be able to run on the treadmill and lift weights. Following the gym, I met my mom where we got our hair done, followed by having lunch together. My hairdresser curled my hair super cute! Had to get a picture of it, since I'm not sure I will beable to do it myself like that! :)I love that my parents live close by. I love the time I get to spend with them. I haven't always lived close by my parents, so I feel very blessed to have this time with them. While the rest of the day was filled with the kids activities, it was a great day! When I got home from Jordan's softball game, the kids and Rick had made birthday cookies and had presents and cards waiting for me! The kids LOVE cookies and cookie dough, so they couldn't think of anything better! Cody was so cute! He insisted that we have decorations and my age on the wall in streamers. It was a great night! Rick let me know, he and I would celebrate the next evening. Saturday night came and it was time for us to head out for the night! I knew we were going to dinner, but didn't know where. He took me to Japon! I had only been there one time before, and LOVED it! It is a Japanese Steakhouse. He surprised me with inviting a bunch of our friends to join us! They brought me my very own "birthay hat" to wear. The food was so good, and it was fun to be with good friends. After dinner, I thought the night was coming to an end, so I said goodbye to my friends and we got into the car. I wasn't really paying attention, but before I knew it, we were pulling into the parking lot of WHIRLY BALL!!! I was so excited! I love playing WIRHLY BALL. Rick had planned for everyone to meet there and play with us! Yes, I felt silly, saying goodbye to everyone at the restaurant, not knowing I would see them in 10 short minutes. Once we got inside, we were waiting for our turn and my sweet husband told everyone he had some games for us to play! WHAT!! He planned games!!! Oh my gosh, he was so cute....he planned games and had wrapped prizes for everyone. I couldn't believe it! He had put so much time into surprising me for my birthday. Whirly Ball was a blast (as always). I think everyone made a plan to attack my car! I can't even count how many times my car was RAMMED!!! One time I was hit so hard my gum flew out of my mouth - into my hair!!! It was so fun....I even have the bruises to prove it!
So let me count the very many ways I feel blessed!!!! I'm not even sure where to begin. At this particular time, I am so very blessed for my husband. Thank you Rick for making my birthday a great day! I appreciate so very much the time you took into thinking of what I would enjoy. Thinking what would make my day special.
Thank you for thinking of me! Thank you for being my best friend! Thank you for making me feel so special!I love you Babe!!!

No comments: