Monday, May 19, 2008

Catching Up!

Okay, so I haven't updated my blog in awhile....I left off at mothers day! It was great! Chase had a little program at school for the moms, Rick made a yummy dinner on Saturday night, and Sunday we had another yummy dinner at mom and dad's house! It was a great weekend of relaxing and being catered too! Who doesn't love that???
Something funny happened last Saturday though!!! I was picking up Jordan from the mall and we were walking back to the car....let me set the scene for you first....I had just come from the gym, so I was totally nasty looking, in my workout clothes, no make-up, and hair pulled back in a pony tail with a headband....(enough said)
Anyway...we got into the car and I was in the drivers seat and Jordan was in the back...this guy walked up (but not to the car - he was about 10 feet away) he looked like he needed directions, so I rolled down the window...he said, "I am here buying something for my mother for mothers day and I saw you walking and thought you looked so beautiful. I didn't see a wedding ring and was wondering if you would want to go out sometime." Jordan immediately said, "WHAT DID HE SAY??" I informed him I was married and we were on our way....the funny part was Jordans reaction...she was so disgusted that someone would ask her mom out! She called her friend and said, "this guy just asked my mom out, and she looks totally disgusting!" It was a good laugh for the day!!!This past weekend was the father and sons campout for church....the boys had a great time! They love sleeping in the tent...Jordan was at a friends house and Paige and I woke up early for the big yearly garage sale! Can you believe we didn't buy a single thing?
Jordan loves hanging out with her friends....they are pretty much together 24/7
The most exciting news for today is that Cody graduated from Speech!!! YEAH!! He is totally finished, which means he won't have to go next year during Kindergarten! He has done an awesome job! I'm so proud of you buddy!

4 comments:

k.young said...

That is such a funny story. Thanks for sharing!! What cute pictures!! And isn't it a crime to go to a garage sale and not buy something??!!

Tom and Audrie said...

Way to go Cody!

Kristen said...

Congrats Codeman!!! We are so proud of you!!!

Kristi Clinger said...

That is crazy with what happened at the mall. The guy is right though. You're beautiful!
It was great to see you and Paige at the garage sell.