Saturday, May 10, 2008

Best Husband Award!!!

So last night was girls nite!!! We went over to a friends house to watch the movie "27 dresses." (thanks Nissa-Lynn for hosting...you're the best!) I love it when it is girl's nite....I have such a great time hanging out with friends! We ate yummy snacks, talked, and started the movie...about half-way through the movie we all made the comment that nobody brought chocolate! What were we thinking...a night without chocolate??? Crazy enough about 20 mintues later there was a loud knock at the door...Nissa got up to get it and on the front porch was a bag overloaded with chocolate and 2, 2-liters of soda. Right away we thought it was another friend of ours who left it...we paused the movie and rushed in the kitchen to see who it was from...Nissa opened the card and started reading it....then said, "oops, this isn't for me!" She handed me the card!
To my surprise it was for me!!! Rick had come and left the yummy treats and card on the front porch....I read the card and the other sweet stuff he wrote to me...and yes started crying! Actually we were all crying!!! Could that have been the sweetest thing ever!!!
Yes, we absolutely dove right into the chocolate! He picked the best chocolate ever!
Rick, thank you so much! I know I told you this over and over, but that was the best thing you could have done...It's crazy how us girls get so excited over that kind of stuff...it wasn't only the chocolate, but the fact that you thought of it!!!! And like one of the girls said...you even put tissue paper in the bag!!! (Rick did confess that was Paige's idea) Rick I love you!!! I felt so special! Thank you for thinking of me and for showing our kids that this kind of stuff is important! I'm still on cloud nine! I love you!!!!

7 comments:

hoLLy said...

that is SOOOO sweet!!!! so thoughtful and like you were saying, a good example to the kids of what a husband should be:) great job rick! looks like the perfect girls nite!

-Melissa- said...

How sweet is that?!! I just love when Jared surprises me with little things.

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I wish I could have been there! Rick - you are awesome! When ar eyou guys coming out here again!

Kristen said...

Way to go Rick! Don't you just love it when our hubbies do the little things...they mean the world!!! Happy Mother's Day sis!!!

k.young said...

That is awesome!! Husbands are the best. I love it when they are so thoughtful. And it is so true that he is setting a good example for your kids and the importance of Mother's Day. How great!!

mamapickle said...

That might just be the sweetest thing ever! I didn't know Rick was such a romantic :) Nothing beats those kind of moments.

becki said...

what a sweet hubby you have! does he teach classes to other clueless hubbies?? i'd be first to enroll mine!