Saturday, March 15, 2008

I Love You Katie!

I couldn't let today go by without recognizing my little sis Katie! March 15th is a day my family will always remember. Today is the 9th anniversary of her death. It is so hard to believe she left us 9 years ago...it seems like yesterday. If you knew Katie you know she was an amazing girl. She passed away from a head injury in a skiing accident, but rather than it being some "freak" accident, we truely feel the only explanation is that it was her time to go. At only 19, Katie had accomplished all she needed to in this life and we are certain there is much for her to do in heaven.
Katie I love you with all my heart and still think of you daily....my little Jordan is like you in so many ways! Right down the the "bubble" bottom you both share! I often think of our reunion in heaven...how sweet it will be! Thank you for your example for me and my children. Thank you for the memories and for just being you! I love you, Katie!
Katie Merlene Bills
September 17, 1979 - March 15, 1999
"I loved you too much to just be your friend - so God let me be your sister!"

5 comments:

hoLLy said...

that is so sad kari. i'm so sorry you lost your sister-and at such a young age. how shocking and horrible that must have been. she was absolutely gorgeous! my cousin died at age 17 in a car accident a little over a year ago and it was so shocking. he was so young and had so much to look forward to in his life. but God's plan is sometimes different that what ours is. it was hard to swallow for a while- for everyone. i'm grateful for the knowledge the gospel brings us. i bet you so look forward to your heavenly reunion with your sister someday.

Wendy said...

She was beautiful! I am grateful that you shared her story at our girls night. I thought a lot about what you said- that you have never felt closer to the spirit than you did when she died. It made me think of the Barr family and I know they are feeling the same way.

Wendy said...

Oh, and I can't believe how much she and Jordan look alike!

Hil said...

I can't believe it's been 9 years already... Katie was always a fun girl to be around. We all loved her and admired the way your family handled her passing. Thank you for the reminder to live each day to its fullest. My thouhts are with your family today.

Jeff and Tenille said...

Kari, Im so glad you put these pictures of your sister on here. After hearing about her, now I can put a face with a name. You two look so much alike, at first I though maybe you had posted some pics of when you were younger. It takes a strong family to make it through something like that. Love you guys!