Monday, March 3, 2008

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!!!!!

This past weekend was our annual "girls weekend." This is our second time doing this and we had a BLAST! Friday we piled in each others cars and met at our meeting point. We had about 4 cars drive to the Embassy Suites in Dallas. This place is awesome! Pool, hot tub, awesome huge rooms, and a free yummy breakfast. Once we got to the hotel we prettied up and got ready for dinner.
This is the "gang"
We had a shuttle take us to and from the restaurant. That was awesome! Nobody had to worry about driving, we could all go together, and nobody gets lost! Dinner was yummy and for some dessert was even better! (I won't mention any names.....Aprille and Tiare!)
After dinner we enjoyed the hot tub, played games, ate candy, roamed the hotel for a late night ice run, talked, laughed, and yes even cried a bit. We had such a great time just "hanging" out. As we were roaming the hotel, I kept thinking this is definately something I would tell my kids NOT to do if we were in a hotel and it was 2:30 in the morning! Some called it a night at 2:30, but some of us felt like the party had to keep going. The bed was so huge we could all fit!!!
Come 3:30 am we decided to whip out the old pyramids! Do we look tired yet??? We were so funny! Wendy would set the timer on her camera and we would all rush to get our pyramid up and looking pretty! Yes, we enjoyed being goofy teenagers for the night!
As it got earlier and earlier we were fading, but we were having so much fun we didn't want to go to sleep. I had to take a picture of the clock as proof that we were really awake! At about 4:45 we were debating if it would be worse to go to sleep or just stay up. Well, we were fading, so we decided a couple hours of sleep was better than none! I have to admit....I haven't done that for who knows how long....I am feeling the effects even today! It will probably take me a week to catch up on my sleep. I learned over the weekend that I was the oldest one of the group.....WHAT! I am way to young to be the oldest! Yes at 33 (okay, almost 33....I will be 33 next week on March 12, it's Wednesday, and yes I will be home if you want to bring presents...hint hint!!!!) But seriously, I can tell I'm getting old! Everyone else got up and headed to Canton! So sad I couldn't go....just too much going on at home! Since I didn't go this year does that mean I can spend more next year???
Weekends like that remind me how great it is to have friends!!!!!!! I love you guys! Thanks for the great time! Thanks for keeping me young! Thanks for sharing stories! And thanks for being my friend! Until next year!!!!!

4 comments:

k.young said...

This sounds like so much fun. How fun to still have a group of girlfriends to get together with and just play! I am jealous!

Wendy said...

You are the coolest 33 year old I know!

hoLLy said...

33? thats not old! you look younger but then i figured you have older kids so i had guessed you were 30ish. but you are definitely one hot 33 year old mama! :) and how cool does that weekend look? looks like you gals had a blast!

Anonymous said...

I'm a little sad you guys had so much fun after I went to bed and I missed it. We are going to have to get together again when we just get to sleet in the next day. Maybe a sleepover at my place?