Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Happiest Place On Earth!!!

Well, I finally have had time to let you all know how wonderful my Disneyland trip was!!!! I had a blast!! Eventhough my birthday was right around the corner, we actually went to celebrate Kelsey's 30th birthday!!! (a tradition we started when I turned 30) Mom and I flew to California for our big adventure. Kelsey didn't know mom was coming, so that was surprise number one. We flew in Wednesday night and went to pick up Kelsey Thursday morning. Before we grabbed Kelsey Thursday morning, Kristen, mom and I went to breakfast and had the best strawberry waffles you will ever taste. We had some extra time before heading off to the airport, so we got our toes done fast. After picking up Kelsey at the airport we decided to eat again and head home for an evening with our nephews and nieces. Friday we spent the day at Disneyland, Saturday we spent the day in Hollywood and gave Kelsey surprise #2....tickets to see WICKED!!!!! (totally awesome I might add) Sunday we went to church and I played baseball with my nephews....to my surprise....I still got it!!! Monday we hit the "apple country" and got ready to leave on Tuesday....Everyday was go, go, go....but we had an awesome time! Spending time with sisters is the best! I love you Kristen and Kelsey....mom thanks for coming and sharing the "bonding" experience.....when can we do it again????



If I wrote about all the details this post would be way too long....so here are a couple of quick highlights:
*Disneyland: $20.00 Disney tickets...thanks Steve!! no lines,
Kari taking one for the team on Splash Mountain, Goofy got spanked,
announcing Kelsey's b-day on Thunder Mountain, single rider anyone?
wedged into Mr. Toads wild ride, Can we please go on Peter Pan?
FAST PASSES RULE!
*Kelsey - do your boots have zippers?
*wii competition (are we that out of shape the wii wears us down?)
*cheer competition - thanks Shane for being the judge
*Kelsey's crazy backhandsprings....you still got it girl!!
*Dress Barn - fighting over clothes
*We are not handicapped, we just want a good parking spot
*changing clothes in the car
*holding Devins brand new baby
*Can't we find something to buy to validate our parking?
*NO SLEEP
*WICKED!!!!!!!! need i say more?
*toss, toss, no hands!
*Strawberry waffles

Thanks for an amazing weekend!!! And thanks to my sweet husband for holding down the fort for almost a week! Your the best!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Sounds like a crazy, event packed, blast of a trip! You have a great family!

Kristen said...

Love the slide show...however...how tired and OLD do I look on the morning we left for DISNEY??? AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! Great pic of you taking one for the team!