Thursday, March 17, 2011

Best Vacation EVER!!!!!!!

Okay - so I'm not totally finished with this post, but wanted to post a little bit of what we got to do!!!! ENJOY!!


It is truly amazing when you get to do something that you thought you could only dream about!!! The end of February Rick and I were able to spend some much needed time together and go on a CRUISE!!!!! We went with some very good friends of ours and absolutely LOVED every minute of it!!!!
We got up early, early the day we were to leave to head to Galveston! I was amazed we were able to fit all of our stuff in one car!! It was a little tight, but we all fit!Our adventure started off a little rough, because the boat was late coming into port due to fog, which meant we were late leaving. Honestly, we really didn't even care - we were just so happy to be going!!! This gave us a little time to walk around Galveston. We were able to get a great shot of our boat!! It was so big. I guess I really didn't have any idea what to expect!!We were excited to have a fun week with our good friends on the ship!Carnival Conquest....here we come!!!!We finally were able to start boarding...well, that was an experience within itself!!!! But keeping smiles on our faces we finally made it and by the time we got on the boat, we headed straight to dinner!!!Monday February 20th
The first day was a day on the water. It was so much fun to just walk around the boat, to look out at only water, and do absolutely NOTHING!!! That night was formal night!!! It was so much fun to dress up! Rick and I stopped at every picture spot. The nice man that cleaned our room was named, Savoy! He did such a great job and was always so friendly. He made the cutest towel animals! A different one every night! I loved it!
Tuesday February 22nd
Another day on the waterThe one thing that I could not believe was the FOOD!!! Oh my goodness - we ate so much!!!Wednesday February 23rd
On Wednesday we stopped in Grand Caymen. We were actually suppose to go to Jamaica, but since we left late, we couldn't go to Jamaica. Grand Caymen was awesome!!! The water was so beautiful!! Before we got off the boat, we took some time getting a few picturesWow - I still can't believe we were there!!!In Grand Caymen, the boat actually has to anchor and small boats called tenders, take you to the pier. We planned an awesome excursion for Caymen. Swimming with Dolphins and Stingray Island!!! First we took a boat to "Stingray Island." It is so amazing.
The water is unbelievable. Stingray Island is a sand bar right in the middle of deep water. We settled there and got off to see Stingray swimming all around us. Our guide was quick to pick one up and we had the chance to hold one, kiss one, and get a nice back rub from one!!!!! It was SO crazy!!! I also fed one. When putting my hand under water while holding squid, the stingray sucked it right out of my hand like a vaccuum. It was such a crazy feeling!!!
The stingray feels actually quite smooth!!!How about a nice BIG kiss!!AHHHH...a back rub!!On our way back, one of our quides jumped in the water to catch a starfish. Wow...I had actually never held one this big. We were sure to throw him back in the water since it is illegal to catch starfish!! hahaOnce back from Stingray Island, it was time to swim with the dolphins. I was so excited for this! It's one of those things on your bucket list!!Our group jumped right in and we were ready to swim with our dolphin!!When it was my turn to meet our dolphin - we decided to become very friendly!!!
On the cheek first!!!!Then the lips!!Then I had the ride of my life!!!Rick was next to have his time with the dolphin!!!
Hey now, back off - he is taken!!!Rick taking a swim with his new friend!We had a great day in the Caymen Islands!!! The only thing we didn't like was that we would have loved to stay longer!!!! Maybe a trip back to Caymen is in our future!!!!
Thursday February 24th
We found ourselves in Cozumel, Mexico next. In Cozumel, the boat was able to pull right up to the pier. Our plan for the day was to do some zipling and shopping!!!! We were all excited to spend the day being adventurous!!!Once we got to where we would be ziplining, Rick and I got all our gear on!! And we were ready to go!!The guys working the zipline were SO MUCH FUN!!! We had a super day!!!Next was shopping in Cozumel!!!! (actually the area right by the water is Puerta Maya)As Rick and I were walking we saw some girls getting their hair braided. (another thing I have wanted to do) So my sweet husband encouraged me to do it!!! I loved it!!!! I wasn't sure how much to do, but next time I will definately do more!!We had a great day in Cozumel. We did most of our shopping there and found GREAT deals!!! When we got back on the boat we were starving and ready to eat, so we hurried to get ready. The boys headed up for some sushi and once we were ready the girls joined them!



2 comments:

Yang Kuo said...

شركة تنظيف بالجبيل'



หีฟิต

thanida said...

thank you to your article! i have been searching out quite a long term and fortunately, I read this newsletter!
แทงบอล