Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hello FALL!!!

I love when fall comes each year! For our family fall means: cool mornings, cool nights, windows open, jeans with flip flops, layered clothing and playing outside without hot, red cheeks. Having lived in Germany I love when fall comes because that also means:I remember so well the smells of Oktoberfest in Germany. We are so lucky because every year at the end of September, McKinney tries to recreate Oktoberfest, German-style. My favorite part is smelling the food, eating the food, seeing the people dressed in their german attire and listening to the music. I would love for Rick and the kids to experience Oktoberfest in Germany to see why I love it so much. Maybe, one day!!! Until then, they get to keep hearing my stories year after year and me dragging them downtown in hopes they will love it as much as me :)I do think it is growing on them. They love walking around and they are beginning to like the food more and more.Until we get to travel to Germany - downtown it is!! And it is so wonderful!

No comments: