Saturday, July 11, 2009

Girls Growing Up!!

As mothers our hope for our children is that they grow, have new adventures, and succeed on their own. BUT when that acutally starts happening I am finding myself wishing sometimes it wouldn't happen so fast. This summer it has really hit me. My children are growing up!!! Jordan is preparing for high school and seminary. She also reminded me that in just a short 7 months she will be getting her permit to drive. Where has the time gone???? Yesterday Jordan and I spent the day packing for her to attend her first EFY (especially for youth) in San Antonio! Sign number one she is growing up! She didn't really need my help. Sign number two she is growing up! And she actually did a great job getting everything she needed. And was quite independent. Sign number three she is growing up! She needed to take some dresses with her for dances and things. Well, the other day I bought myself a new dress. I thought it looked pretty cute on me. As soon as I showed it to Jordan she begged if she could take it to EFY. She tried it on and it looked darling on her. (which probably meant it didn't look that great on me :) So I let her take my dress. Sign number four she is growing up! As she was getting ready to leave it sure felt strange that I was just sending her off and not going with her. Sign number five she is growing up! She is going with one of her best friends, who is a super cute girl, so I know she will have an amazing time. I am so grateful she has turned into such a great young lady and that she has such wonderful opportunities. BUT it is sure hard as a mom to let it all happen.

I have noticed over the summer, my little Paige is turning into quite the young lady. She is such a fun girl and so talented. One of her new loves is playing the piano. She had her first recital the other day and did a fabulous job. She said she wasn't nervous at all! She has had a wonderful piano teacher but sadly she will be heading off to college in August....so we are on the hunt for a new teacher. Thank you Erika for your love, patience, and kindness you have shown to Paige. Because of you, Paige loves piano!Paige, it was so fun to watch you play. You did a great job!

So, as a mother of children that are growing up - I think I am learning I just need to enjoy the ride. Soak in each moment! Remember each moment! And make sure my kids know I love them! Apparently there is nothing I can do to slow down time. So to Jordan and Paige - thank you for being the wonderful daughters you are....and please understand that when your mom seems to be a bit clingy and tends to get a bit teary eyed, its only because I love you!

No comments: