Thursday, December 11, 2008

You Never Know What the Day will Bring!

So yesterday Rick called just after 8:00 am....that seemed a little strange, but what was even worse was he started off the conversation with, "so I was driving into work this morning....." right then I knew something happened. Well, he and his buddy were driving to work and they were in the HOV lane. Rick was driving and saw a car pulled over, but didn't know why that car was pulled over. Suddenly he heard a loud noise. Well - the guy pulled over had just hit one of the "arms" or "levers" that usually would be down if the HOV lane was closed. AND Rick hit it too....when Rick drives to work it is dark, so I guess since someone had already hit the "arm" it knocked it into a weird position where there were no reflectors or anything..... no way to see it. The HOV lane wasn't closed and none of the other "arms" were down. So we are thinking it was faulty....
ANYWAY....these are the results of what happened.....



It could have been so much worse! After I had time to really think about it.....It really makes you think that you never know what the day will bring. I am so grateful Rick and his friend were okay. Last night when I went to bed I thanked Heavenly Father for my husband! That he works so hard for us, and that he is healthy. For my children...that they are healthy and happy, and for life in general. I don't know what I would do without my family!

2 comments:

hoLLy said...

whoa! thats crazy. glad they were safe!

Unknown said...

I am glad you posted this because it was a reminder to us to always have prayer for safe returns. So we prayed for Billys safe return Tuesdaynight. Then 15 min later he called me. He hit ice and slammed into the gaurdrail with his car tipped sideways and skidded and ripped his door half way off,shattered windows and then the jeep flipped over completley. But we were truly blessed and he was protected and only minor injuries.