Thursday, December 11, 2008

Getting Ready For Christmas!

I have gotten a little behind on blogging.....December is just crazy! I feel like it is already over because of so much to do in so little time! So here goes a little catching up!!! A favorite time at our house is decorating the Christmas tree. "BEFORE!""AFTER"

Every year the kids get a new ornament, so they love putting "their" ornaments on the tree. We also hide a pickle every year. The first child to find it gets a present. This year I hid it especially good!!!! The kids looked and looked and asked for clues....each day I gave them a new clue...FINALLY after I pretty much gave them the exact area it was in - Jordan found it. She was super excited because this is the first year she found it FIRST!!! (usually she is the last one to find it!) The prize this year was the movie "ELF."

SPENDING TIME WITH MOM AND DAD:

We went to mom and dads a to have some fun "christmas" time with them! I LOVE that they live so close. Mom had bought a cute little foam village for the kids to make. That kept them busy for a good part of the night...I can't believe how much they got into it...each one of them putting it together so carefully!Once they were all finished they put together their little village! Isn't it cute!
Dad also got the hot tub all ready for the kids. This is their favorite thing to do at grandma and grandpa's house when it is cold outside.Grandpa had the fire going for them also! None of the kids actually jumped all the way into the pool, but they did put their feet in it....CRAZY! Mom and I made hot chocolate for the kids when they got out of the hot tub. The other highlight of the night was watching "Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas"!!!! Do any of you remember that??? Okay, so maybe it was only a highlight for me, but as a kid we used to watch this every year! After watching it - it didn't quite seem like I had remembered, but it was still great!

No comments: